24

~24~

~24~

I woke up to Maurice shaking my leg gently. Still on edge from the night before I jolted upward in fear before calming down as soon as I laid eyes on him. He gave me a warm smile of reassurance before saying, "Good morning miss Dawn, I've prepared you breakfast you can enjoy while you dress. Mr. Brock wants to speak with you downstairs in his office."

Colby has an office?

I give Maurice a smile and a nod, "Thanks, Maurice. Have you eaten?" I ask him.

He nods, "Had toast and tea this morning dear." He reassured me. I thanked him once more and watched as he left my room, leaving behind a tray of eggs, bacon, toast, and orange juice on my bedside. I smile at it, flipping off my nightlight, and then getting up off the bed.

Devyn and Tara left late last night and left behind a mess in my room after they "comforted me" for going through so much. I mean, of course, I was and am thankful, but how the hell do they make such a mess?

I picked it all up while I ate and got dressed. It took me a while but it's better than making Maurice do it. When I finished I made my bed, grabbed the empty tray, and left my room. It was 12 in the afternoon now so I expected everyone to be up by now.

"Morning Livy." Sam greeted me, watching as I disposed of my dishes.

"That name again, really?" I ask him, referring to when he called me it while naked in the pool with Kat oh drugs.

"I think I may stick to calling you that," he said with a smile, "You seem to love it." I roll my eyes at him, "Anyways, how are you feeling?"

I pause what I was doing to look at him, responding in a small shrug, "Shaken up, but, Colby talked to me about it last night and I feel a bit better." I tell him.

"And by talk you mean.." he gave me a suspicious smile, inferring something completely different.

I gag, "Stop."

He laughs, "I ship it. Lolby, or, Ci-Covia? I like Covia." He said aloud to himself.

I roll my eyes, "We did nothing sexual, trust me. He just kind of talked to me and made me promise something."

"Promise? What did you promise?" He asked.

"Promise me you won't go down the same twisted road I did. Promise me you'll still be Livia Dawn and not a stranger."

I smile, "That's confidential man." I pat his shoulder, "Also where's Colby's office? Apparently, he has one." I ask.

"Bookcase room." He tells me.