59

~59~

~59~

I didn't realize we had arrived somewhere until the van came to a sudden stop. Again, I forgot whether I was asleep or awake and only became conscious when light flooded through the van and I squeezed my eyes shut against it. I felt dizzy and disoriented as I was pulled out of the van and held still as the doors shut behind me. Only then did I slowly let my eyelids peek open and allowed myself to see where I was.

But still feeling woozy, my eyesight was full of black and white spots. So the first thing I noticed was the strong scent of salt and sand. Then, the crashing of waves burning through my eardrums. Maybe I've just been so secluded that everything felt overwhelming because the word sounded like one big storm. And I was in the center of it.

When my eyes finally focused as they should, I realized we were nowhere near the house and instead near a cliff's edge. Just parked a little away. I could practically feel the ocean screaming at me from down below. And with the sun setting, practically cowering away from the darkness present, it was like the universe knew what was happening. And even it was scared.

"Let's go. Colby will be here soon." I fought against one of the guy's grasps, but it only ended with a punch to the gut that captured my breath. They pulled me along as I coughed and found my air before being pushed down only my knees and having two hands holding my shoulders down. I could barely even hold my neck up, so it hung down and I was able to see exactly how far up we were. It was high.. that's all I could tell from my blurry vision. If the loudness of the world wasn't keeping me awake, I'd be passed out by now.

I felt someone crouch down to my level and a cold knuckle lifted my chin. Mrs. Miller stared me down, "Don't worry dear, it'll all be over soon," she let my head drop back down as she stood back up, "Colby will be here, we'll have a little chat, and then we'll see how I see to it you die."

"I already told you if I die, so do you." I spat my poor threat. It wasn't my fault my own body was giving up on me.

"Oh please. You can barely stand." She scoffed,
Stepping away. Dead grass crumpling beneath her boots. The faded color reminded me of the dead corpse back in the freezer. His dead, frozen face will defiantly haunt my dreams if I even get the pleasure of having them again.

The ambiance around me didn't aid my racing heart. But what did, was the sound of tires screeching and car doors closing. Though I'm not sure if it calmed me or made me even more scared. I felt like I was just waiting to die.

It wasn't until footsteps crunched against gravel and pushed dirt behind them did I look up and use the little bit of strength I had left to push against the hands holding me down. But of course, it didn't do much. But when I met the eyes of the man I'd come to... love, I didn't stop fighting.

"Livia!" He yelled, coming to a sudden stop a few meters away from us. Sam, Jake, and Corey were by his side. All 4 of them staring us down intensely. I didn't notice until now the gun that Mrs. Miller had dangling in her hand. So when I spotted the shiny metal barrel twinkling next to me, I gulped.