55

~55~Livia*Warning- Smut *

~55~
Livia
*Warning- Smut *

"When I said we should have a contest to see who has a better shot I didn't think you'd take it this seriously," Jake muttered, concentrated on loading his gun, eyes squinted through his clear protective glasses. Matching the ones I wore.

I hum in monotone, "I'm a serious woman, Jake. You should know this about me."  I was leaned against the doorframe of the room of arms, different sizes and different guns lined up and hung against the wall. A lot of them I recognized, but others looked like things you'd see in video games. "Besides, Colby's been slumped with work recently and has been stressed so I thought I'd give him some time to himself to sort some things out."

"That's right, isn't there going to be this big meeting soon? With a bunch of fancy pansy guys to discuss recent trades of drugs and shit?" He asked, standing up and pointing his gun at the wall, testing his aim. Safety still on if course.

"Yeah, I think they're all older than him too, like way older, so he wants to be as prepared as humanly possible. Meaning late night preparations and leaving early in the morning." I sigh. I understood where he was coming from, with what he does he can't afford to be unprepared. I just missed him a little.

"Didn't think there was much to prepare for. They're just going to talk about money and other crap like that?" He gave me a side glance as if I knew the answers to everything. I wasn't a businesswoman but after a few conversations with Colby, he has me up to date on how these meetings turn out.

"That's usually how it goes. But Colby is trying to con this one guy into a phony deal involving guns and to do that he has to create fake websites and talk to a few of his "friends" about what's going to happen after. So he's been off doing secret jobs too as payment for their services. You know I didn't believe it for a while, but what you all do really is a business."

Jake nods, approaching me, "Yeah. He works the hardest out of us all though. He built this, he runs it, we just take care of a lot of the dirty work and everyone else deals with payments and schedules. There are a few other things that come into play as well but mostly it involves jobs requiring hands-on action if you know what I mean."

I followed him out of the room and down the hallway towards the shooting range. To keep us busy while Colby worked and Sam and Corey aided him in a few things, Jake and I decided to take each other up on who shoots the best. I've known how to shoot longer than him but he has more hands-on experience so it'll be interesting to see who's best. No doubt me.

I've used this range before, Colby giving me access a few times when I tag along on his trips here. As much as I enjoy working out, training, and sometimes talking it up with Xepher, there are comes times where I just want to shoot things and let go of any of my worries. So I began working on my aim again, after not doing it for a while. And I've improved heavily with the help of a few of Colby's friends.