34

~34~Anonymous

~34~
Anonymous

"Excuse me, Miss." A voice calls upon me from behind. I didn't care to turn, knowing who it is. He was the man I had asked to find this new girl Colby has been meddling with recently. I've gotten a few new shots of her. One while she's shopping, one from her at a party, and one taken from behind of her at an airport. All of which were taken while Colby was there. Only proves they're together. He wouldn't have a gurl stick around that long if she was just someone he was messing around with.

I didn't respond. He knew I didn't want to, so he continued.

"Her name is Livia Ray Dawn. 18 years old brunette from Aurora Indiana." He said, his raspy voice making my ears hurt. Smoking does that to you.

Again, I didn't speak.

"Um, there wasn't that much on her really. Parents left her when she was 2, grew up in an orphanage for around 11 years before being adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Newman, who are both cops.." he stopped, slight cracking in his voice which told me there was still more but he wasn't hesitant to tell me. I was about to question it before he finally found the words, "oh, and uh... apparently she has been missing for a little over a month."

That was interesting. Could she have been taken? If so, was it by Colby?

Foolish boy. Always screwing up the lives of others. Pathetic.

"Any details on her disappearance?" I finally turn my head to be met with the familiar bald man. Dressed in a maroon suit with a black silk handkerchief folded neatly out of the pocket located over his heart.

He shook his head, "No. I've looked into it but there were no signs of struggle at her home or any of her usual spots. Guardians say it's like she went willingly. Both Mister and Misses have been profusely looking for her and haven't given up the   search."

I look away again, my eyes once again locked on the greenery outside my office window. "She didn't go willingly, no one goes willingly. If anything, he took her and she just isn't able to leave. An idiotic thing for him to do, especially for someone like him."

I turned my body around, walking over to my desk, "I wonder if there was a motive. She linked to him in any way? Through business, drugs even?"

Shaking his head he took a step closer into the room, "No ma'am. I've seen a few of the articles on her and everyone said she was as innocent as they got. Good grades, never got in trouble-"

"Colby was the same way, look where he is now."

"Yes, but he had a darker childhood.
Bad influences from a very young age. She was just a good girl loner who happened to not have parents. Doubt she even knew who he was before he took her." He rubbed the back of his neck. I had that kind of effect on people. My lack of mercy giving me the wild card for people I don't speak to often. If I wanted to, I could kill you. But I just got a new rug and I don't feel like replacing it again, it's rather nice.

He was nervous, not being able to tell if I was calm out of anger or calm for just being calm. I was a bit of both.

"May I ask what your motives are with this girl?" He evidently fears asking, but doing so anyways, curiosity taking over his already small brain.

"Curiosity kills the cat," I murmur, tracing my hand over the black knife that I had sitting neatly next to my computer. My Red acrylic nail tracing up and town the smooth material. I pick it up and swing it around elegantly through my fingers. "Are you a cat?" I point it at him.

He gulped, shaking his head.

I stare at him, looking at all the signs of fear. Clamp hands, small drip of sweat above his brow, the look of dread in his eye. Even the way he was standing. Legs together, thighs clenched. This was the reaction I sparked in anyone who crossed my path.

And it's quite exciting.

"No, you're just a wee mouse." I stab the knife into my desk rather aggressively, "Go." I hiss, "Your face is giving me a headache."

And just like that, he scampered out of my office and left me in silence. I wasn't a fan of it, so I left my office, something I don't do often. I wondered around the mansion in which I live alone in. The walls have no decoration, the rooms mostly empty except for some beds and maybe a bit of furniture. I don't have guests over, they only ever come into my office before I tell them to leave. I have a butler, but he isn't around unless I tell him to be.

I'm all alone here, and I hate it.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.

If I lived with someone, I'd kill them. People tried to keep conversation with me, to act civil. But my heart was filled with so much rage that I get annoyed very easily and often kill just because I need to release pent-up anger.

I roamed my empty halls, only stopping when I came to her room. My Ana lee loved her privacy. She never liked me going into her room, so I didn't. I respected her and look where that got her. Infatuated with a boy who ended up killing her.

Even though it's the same privacy that killed her, I still keep myself from going in there.

Besides, the blood-stained wood wasn't a sight I wanted to see again.

I huff and walk away, no longer wanting to stare at my diseased daughter's door. Last time I walked in there-

I was never the same.

I pull out my phone, scrolling through my contacts until I find his name.

"Cesar?" I speak through the phone, "I have another job for you and your men."

"Last time you had a job for us, you wanted us to get rid of a body in a rather peculiar way. What will we be doing this time?"

I paused, "Well, how do you feel about a little kidnapping?"

***

A/n:

Short chapter, but very needed. I plan on making the next one a long one heehee

What are yalls predictions? I'm curious to see what y'all think is gonna happen...

Also a fun fact about me is my guilt pleasure is reading Harry Styles fan fiction😍