Chapter 25

After that, Jess visited Liv frequently but decided to skip the dinners with the grandparents to save the awkwardness. He would make small talk with Richard as he lead him through to the pool house, and didn't see Emily at all after their dinner together.

It came to the time when it was Liv's departure day, and when she finished packing, she went to Emily's dressing room, knocking on the door slightly.

"Olivia, are you all set?" Emily asked.

"Yes, grandma. I have something to talk to you about, though," she said, sitting on the chair next to her, "when you asked me if I'd decided on a university...I want to go to Harvard. I want to go to Harvard and study business with a focus on foreign communication. And I know that's not what you wanted for me, I know you wanted me to go to Yale, but I've chosen Harvard. And I understand if you're upset or disappointed or want to disown me or whatever, but this is my decision."

Emily looked at her for a second, before returning to her mirror.

"Grandma?" Liv chuckled, nervously, "can you say something?"

"Let's hope Rory will make the right decision," she said, simply.

Liv stood up, sighing, "why did I expect anything else from you?"

She walked out, biting her lip to distract herself from the tears threatening to spill, and walked straight into Richard.

"Are you okay?" He asked, holding her by her shoulders.

"I might as well tell you, too," she shrugged, "I've decided I want to study a business and foreign communication course at Harvard. And if you hate me that's fine, go join the club that grandma is forming dedicated to just that."

"That's your decision, Liv," Richard nodded, "yes, I'm slightly disappointed that you're not going to Yale, but if you want to go to Harvard, go to Harvard."

"Thanks, grandpa. Look, it's 12 o'clock, Luke will be arriving any second so that we can get mom and Rory from the airport. Thank you for letting me stay," Liv smiled, hugging him.

"It's been a pleasure, Liv. And don't worry about her," he said, gesturing to the room next to them.

She simply smiled, waving goodbye to the 5th maid of her stay, and sat on the doorstep with her bags. Luke and Jess pulled up not long after, and she climbed in with her bags, relieved to be back with them.

"Good to see you, Livvy," Luke said, pulling out of the drive.

"I can't tell you how much better it is being with you two and out of there," Liv sighed, "starting to regret the idea of staying there rather than going to Europe."

"Yes, but Liv that pool house was so nice," Jess said.

"You did become kind of attached to it," Liv laughed.

They sat humming to the music on the radio, and drove to the airport, where they sat in the arrivals section of the airport.

Liv jumped up as Lorelai and Rory walked into the area, and threw her hand bag at Jess, before running over to them and crashing into them in a hug.

"Liv! I've missed you so much," Rory grinned, standing up.

"I've missed you both, you have to tell me everything!" She smiled, helping them with their bags.

"How was your stay with my parents?" Lorelai asked.

Liv laughed, "it'll take me longer to explain that than it'll take you to tell me about it your entire trip."

They all got in the car (Luke had driven Lorelai's jeep) and Liv sat with her head on Jess' shoulder and his hand grasping his. They arrived at the diner and sat around the corner table with coffees and bagels.

"So, did you two get to see each other at all or did Gothel keep you locked away?" Lorelai asked them.

"Grandpa was more than happy to let Jess visit," Liv told her, "grandma...not so much," she said.

"Dad let you see her?" Lorelai asked Jess.

"He was nice," Jess shrugged, "he invited me over for dinner the first evening —"

"After you broke in," Liv pointed out.

Lorelai's eyebrows shot up, "you broke in?"

Luke scoffed, "for God's sake, Jess!"

"Climb over the back wall?" Lorelai asked.

"That very one," Jess nodded.

"The one that has the orchid and conifer growing over it?" Lorelai asked, "lands next to the rose bush?"

Jess nodded, "I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's climbed over it then?"

"Me, Christopher, a few ex boyfriends...I think my dad even did once, when mom was in a mood," Lorelai said.

"Don't encourage this, Lor," Luke said.

"Yeah, mom," Rory agreed, sticking her tongue out.

"That'll explain why he knew you'd snook in," Liv said, looking at him, comically.

"I must say, my father is definitely surprising me right now," Lorelai said, eyebrow raised.

Another short one I'm afraid, just a bit of a filler. As I've said, I'm just trying to catch this one up to Who's Crazier's timeline! Xoxo