Chapter 14

Liv and Jess walked down the street, holding hands. It was a day before Rory came back from Washington, and Lorelai was away for some inn convention (yes, they are a thing) for the night with Sookie.

Lorelai had told Liv before she had left earlier that day that Jess could go round for the evening, but he had to go before 10:30.

In his empty hand, Jess held the bag of sweets and ice cream from Doose's market and the DVD of Rocky they had just picked up from the movie store. Liv carried the Chinese they had just collected. She could tell they were gonna be close to throwing it all back up by the end of the night.

"Bet you can't wait to see Rory," Jess said.

"I can't! I've missed her so so much!" Liv whined.

"I know, you tell me every five seconds," Jess chuckled.

"That reminds me, actually," Liv started, nervously, "I was on the phone to Rory last night and we were talking about the festival tomorrow."

"That's nice," Jess said, stiffly, knowing where this was going.

"She was telling me that her and Dean were going before we go to Grandma and Grandpa's," Liv told him.

"That's...great for them."

"And I was thinking about how much fun it would be to go to the festival," Liv said, "but I don't really fancy being third wheel. And Lane is in Korea, and I know you don't like the town's crazy things."

"Hey, Liv?" Jess interrupted.

"Yes, Jess?"

"Do you want me to go to the festival with you?" Jess asked, trying not to sound too reluctant about going.

"You? You don't like these things...well, if you insist," Liv grinned innocently.

"Wait, do I have to talk to Dean?" Jess asked.

"Unless you wanna be rude," Liv said.

"That sounds great to me," Jess drawled.

"Come on, Jess!" Liv groaned.

"You don't like him either," he pointed out, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her closer to him as they walked to Liv's house, and chuckled.

"Yes, but that's expected. I'm not meant to like my sister's boyfriends," Liv said, "you're meant to be impartial, so you can stop me from killing them if they break her heart."

Jess chuckled and kissed the top of her head, "looks like Dean's gonna have no chance."

They got back to the house and put all of the food on the coffee table, as Liv put the movie in. She sat on the sofa next to Jess, and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders as she snuggled up close to him.

After the film had finished, it was 9:00 and Liv stood up from the couch, stretching a little after being curled up next to Jess for so long. She then turned to him, her hands on her hips, "we've still got an hour. What do you wanna do? We could watch another movie?"

Jess sat up and put his hands over hers that were on her hips, "I've got an idea," he smirked, pulling her all the way to where he was on the couch, his legs in between hers.

Liv smirked, "have you, now?"

Jess hummed in affirmation, before leaning back, "but I guess we could watch a movie instead."

Liv gasped dramatically and tutted, "what a tease!"

He laughed with her as she climbed onto the sofa, straddling him. She put her hands on his shoulders, brushing his lips with hers gently. He sat up straighter and their kisses became heated. His hands snook under the hem of her tshirt as his lips moved to her neck, but Liv moved them back to hers quickly.