Chapter 37

"No, Luke, turn a bit more."

"I would if I could walk through walls."

"But it won't go if you don't turn."

"We need to turn the same time."

"Luke, just a centimetre across and we're great."

"Pivot, Luke!" Liv grinned cheekily from the landing above, "I feel like you two are recreating the scene from Friends."

Luke and Jess turned their heads to look at her with their eyebrows furrowed.

"You know, when Ross moved into his apartment? No?" She simply received two blank stares, again, "huh. You know, you two look more alike than you think you do."

Liv turned quickly and walked to the apartment before either of them could say anything. It was moving day for Jess, so Luke and Lorelai were helping him move in.

Lorelai was sat on the floor, shuffling through the CD box.

"If you steal anything he'll know," Liv warned her, sitting next to her.

"His music is slightly scary, to be honest. Like the type of thing I'd want to be played in the background if I were being brutally murdered in a horror movie. Scary," Lorelai said, reading the back of one of them, "except this one. I like this. Oh and this one," she said, grabbing another out the box.

Liv grabbed another CD and cringed, "these are from his troubled teen days. Helped him to keep up his bad boy persona, he probably doesn't even like half of this stuff."

"I remember those days in my youth," Lorelai sighed dramatically.

"You were a bad boy 50 years ago?" Liv grinned cheekily.

Lorelai gasped, "no, I was a rebellious bad girl 19 years ago!"

"Isn't 19 years almost 2 decades ago?" Liv asked, making Lorelai gasp offendedly again.

"What's with all the old jokes? I don't look a day over 21!" Lorelai asked.

"Except for the wrinkles in the corner of your eyes," Liv pointed out, shifting the boxes from the floor as Jess and Luke finally walked in with the sofa.

Luke bent over and panted, while Jess simply shook his arms a bit.

"Don't worry old man, the bed came in a flat pack so that'll be easier for you," he chuckled, patting him on the back, causing liv to laugh.

Lorelai scoffed, "why are you two insisting on calling us old today?"

"Because you are," Liv sang, sitting on the kitchen counter, "anyway, mom. I'm still waiting for you to tell me about the new inn."

"It's pretty much ready for opening! Please tell me you two will be at the opening! It's in a few months, I'll give you the exact date nearer the time," Lorelai grinned excitedly.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," Liv smiled, "I'm proud of you mom."

"I'm proud of me, too," Lorelai agreed, "hey, Luke? Jess? Remember when the Independence Inn burned down and I slept in the apartment with you both?"

After giving up her house for stranded guests from the Inn, Lorelai settled into Luke and Jess' apartment for the night, while Rory stayed with Lane and Mrs Kim. Liv had stayed back at the house, sleeping in her own bed. The family staying in their house slept in Lorelai's bed and on the couches, while their kids slept in Rory's bed and on a blow up mattress.

Lorelai lay in the bed that Jess had given up for her to sleep in, as he opted for the couch instead (probably against his will, but Lorelai wanted to believe he was happy to do so), and rolled onto her side, shutting her eyes.