Chapter 3

"Ugh snow ruins everything," Sookie complained, sitting with the girls at Luke's.

"Don't talk about snow that way," Lorelai gasped in mock offence.

"We must love snow and appreciate snow," Liv agreed.

"You want coffee?" Luke asked.

All three Gilmores looked at him, smiling, and he sighed, going back to the counter, "why don't we just have the meal, us four and Jackson?"

"Well Luke eats. Luke you eat don't you?" Sookie asked eagerly.

"What's she doing?" Luke muttered, grabbing Lorelai's cup to refill it.

"Does Jess eat?" Sookie continued. Liv's eyes flickered up slightly at this.

"Yes, Jess eats," Luke sighed, placing the cup back down, "what am I being forced into this time?"

"Bracebridge Dinner at the inn. The re-enactors got snowed in at New York, so we might be cancelling it," Rory explained.

"Luke and Jess could come and we can invite the rest of the town as well!" Lorelai gasped.

"And we can rent the rooms out to the guests," Liv suggested.

"Like one big, over the top slumber party!" Lorelai gasped.

"Spread the word Luke? It's tomorrow," Rory asked.

Luke stood, gaping for a few seconds before sighing, "what time?"

"Seven," Lorelai grinned.

"Fine," he grumbled.

"Thank you Luke," Liv smiled.

"Whatever," he shrugged.

"You, missy, are staying at least 5 feet away from James Dean at all times," Lorelai smirked at Liv.

"Right," Liv nodded, glancing at the counter, where he was sat, "I'm going to get...a...danish," she said, walking to him.

"Gilmore," he smiled, placing his book down, "You ok?"

"I'm good," she nodded, "and I need a danish. Please," she added, remembering her excuse.

"Sure," He said, "have you read your book yet?"

"Actually yes," she smiled, "thank you."

"Here's your danish," he smirked, leaning on the counter.

"Thank you," She smiled back, taking the danish, "see you tomorrow."

She walked back with her danish, smiling slightly.

"Five feet," Lorelai glared.

—————————————————

The next night arrived quickly, and Rory and Olivia were stood in the bathroom at the inn, adding any finishing touches to their appearance.

"Who are you trying to impress?" Rory asked.

"No one," Liv said, quickly, and Rory hummed in reply, "honestly."

They walked out to see their mom walking out of the kitchen, "hey mom how's Sookie?" Liv called.

"Paper bagging it," she replied.

"Right on schedule then?" Rory asked.

"Yep," Lorelai grinned.

Babette and Morey arrived first, and when they went to meet them, Rory grabbed Liv's arm.

"Did you invite Grandma and Grandpa?" She hissed.