Chapter 11

Liv walked slightly behind Rory and Paris into school, "I can't, it's my moms graduation," she heard Rory say.

"That's great, then, huh? Olivia, can you stay back? I need a piece writing for the Franklin," she turned to her slightly.

"I'm going, too."

"Well that's great! Now I'm going to have to ask Madeline or Louise to do it instead," she sighed, "my locker is this way."

"I'll meet you in class," Liv told them, walking backwards and out of the school gates.

——————————————————

Liv hopped out of the bus and looked around. She walked out of the station and looked around.

"Excuse me, where's Central Park?" She asked someone who walked past.

"86th," they replied.

"Thanks," she smiled as they walked off, frowning soon afterwards, "Excuse me, where's 86th?"

She approached the park, and saw him sat on a bench, reading a book. She could only see the back of him, but could clearly imagine his face: mouth in a vague pout; eyes staring hard at the words; eyebrows pulled down. She swallowed and walked up to him, "Jess."

He turned to face her and smiled at her a little, "It's 10:30, right?" He asked.

"I think so," she said, confused.

"So it's school time, right?" He checked, narrowing his eyes. Liv nodded, "and you're skipping school?"

"I was making sure you're alive," Liv lied.

"Right," he smirked, "You hungry?"

"Have you met me?" She smiled, however reluctantly.

"I know, stupid question," he said, standing up, "Come on," he said, before leading her to a hotdog stand, "I eat here everyday."

"That's healthy."

"Says the girl who eats at a diner for breakfast every single day," he quipped, before being served, "one with everything on please."

"Same here."

Jess handed him some money, before they walked off, "is this your first time in New York?"

"I'm no stranger to the Big Apple," Liv shrugged, biting her hotdog.

"The fact you call it the Big Apple kind of contradicts that," Jess laughed.

"I've been twice. Bangles concert and then me, Rory and mom drive up to shop but there were no spaces anywhere so we decided to just go back home," Liv told him.

"I wanna show you this music shop," Jess announced, "Come on, we'll take the subway."

They arrived at the store, which was small but filled with CDs and records, "I love it here. There are so many bands, I don't even know half of them."

Liv walked to a record, "the Go-Gos. Signed by Belinda Carlisle; my mom would love this! I'll get it her, as a graduation present."

Liv went to pay and as they walked out of the shop, Jess turned to her, "your mom is graduating?"

"Yeah, from her business class. So I need to get the 2:30 bus in half an hour," Liv told him.

"I will make sure you are on that bus," he told her. They found a bench outside the station and sat, kind of awkward.

"Why did you come?" Jess asked at the same time Liv asked, "why did you leave?"

"You go first," Liv smiled.