Chapter 6

Olivia Gilmore sat in Luke's diner, listening to her mom whine about Jess not getting her coffee. Luke had gone away a couple of days ago, on that fishing trip Lorelai had suggested. Her sister watched her, amused, as she stared at the boy in question, infatuated.

Rory knew the two liked each other. She knew they knew they liked each other, but Liv was waiting for him to make the first move.

Eventually, Liv got tired of her moms moaning, and went to get the coffees herself. Rory watched her lean on the counter, and smile at him as they conversed. She saw Jess give her a genuine smile (yes, Jess Mariano genuinely smiled) and throw her small glances every now and again.

They were hopelessly in love.

Her sister nodded at something he said, and almost skipped back to the table. She took hers and muttered, before sipping it, "just friends, huh?" which earned her a kick under the table and a small smile.

——————————————————

On the night of the date, Jess had been punctual, and Liv had been panicky. But as soon as she opened the door, she felt a whole lot calmer.

The two walked through the small town, everyone they walked past turned their heads to whisper to whoever they were with, or went into their house to phone someone to let them know that "Jess Mariano and Olivia Gilmore are on a date"!

Liv chuckled as they watched the nosey people, whereas Jess rolled his eyes, "why aren't they in bed?"

"Because it's seven on a Friday night," Liv laughed, "You know Babette, her and Morey are such party animals. We can hear them every weekend."

"Aren't they too old to be doing that?"

"No Jess, partying! Ew!" Liv cringed.

"You should've been clearer," he shrugged.

"So where are we going?" Liv asked.

"About that..." he started, "Luke's. But only because I have to shut it up and Caeser has to leave early..."

"Jess, that's fine," Liv smiled.

"It's nothing fancy," Jess stuttered.

"Woah!" Liv gasped, "Jess Mariano is stuttering and nervous!"

"No I'm not," Jess defended.

Liv continued to laugh for the rest of their walk. When they reached Luke's, she noticed that there was still a few people in there (Kirk, Andrew and Patty) and Jess groaned, "I thought they'd have left by now."

They walked in, and Miss Patty gasped at the sight of them, "you two make such a handsome couple!"

Her eyes were trained between the two of them, and they looked down, where their hands were intertwined.

"I had a girlfriend once," Kirk said from the counter.

"Was she deranged?" Jess asked, making Liv squeeze his hand really hard.

"Invisible," Kirk corrected him.

"What happened to her?" Liv asked.

"You lose her?" Andrew asked.

"She broke up with me," Kirk said, sniffing and rushing out of the diner.

"I wonder what planet he's from?" Jess asked, watching him run down the street.

"Jess be nice," Liv said, as she walked behind the counter to pour herself some coffee.

"You're not allowed there," Jess said.