Chapter 20

Liv woke up and squinted against the light as the alarm clock blared. She groaned and reached for a pillow or just something to cover her face and shield her from the light. But instead, put her hand on Jess' face.

Jess, who had just turned the alarm off, laughed and moved his head from under her hand.

"Morning, gorgeous," he laughed, as she snuggled closer to him.

"Want to sleep longer," she groaned.

"Well I'm sorry that I kept you up so long," Jess whispered.

Liv grinned, thinking back to last night, "I'm not."

"You don't regret it then?" Jess checked.

"Not one bit," she smiled.

"Even though you only got 2 hours sleep?"

Liv shrugged, "it was worth it."

He began playing with the bottom of his Metallica t shirt she was wearing, that ended mid-thigh, "round 2?"

"I'd love to," Liv laughed, sitting up, "but we have a diner to open in an hour, meaning you need to go and get me a coffee and breakfast so I'll be awake in time to help you."

"Do I get anything for getting you breakfast and coffee?" Jess asked, sitting up and kissing her shoulder.

"Yes, my help opening up and a happy girlfriend," Liv grinned.

Jess laughed and stood up, walking to the kitchen wearing just his boxers.

"Hey, Jess," Liv said, smiling at him.

He stopped and turned, "yes?"

"You're kinda hot, you know," she grinned.

"Pretty sure you told me that last night," he laughed, turning on the coffee machine.

Liv lay back down, waiting for her breakfast. After she'd eaten, she got dressed quickly, before running down the stairs to start getting the diner ready to open.

They set the tables and turned on the fryers and filled up the coffee machines, before sitting down to wait until 8 o'clock to open.

"Thank god we didn't get caught," Liv smiled, sipping the coffee she'd helped herself to.

"Oh I know. Maybe Luke and Lorelai should have more date nights ending at yours," Jess smirked, linking his hand with her free one.

Liv smiled, "maybe they should."

At 7:51, the pair were startled by Kirk knocking on the door frantically.

Liv sighed, and went and opened the door, "we open at 8."

"Well I need coffee now," Kirk said, trying to get around her, "you don't work here."

"Well I do," Jess said, standing next to her, "9 minutes, Kirk."

"Well I won't need coffee in 9 minutes. I need it now, not in 9 minutes. I want to speak to the manager."

"Well Luke's preoccupied this morning, so that would be me, and I say no," Jess said, making Liv snort at the word preoccupied.

"But I have work in," he checked his watch, "8 minutes."

Liv sighed, stepping aside, "we might as well just open, come on in, Kirk." She walked around to the coffee machine and started making Kirk's coffee, "so, what jobs do you have today?"

"This should be good," Jess muttered inaudibly.

"Well first I'm on security guard duty at Stars Hollow High," Kirk said.

We're Crazyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें