Chapter 19

Lane's band were practicing for Liv and Rory in their garage, and the girls were dancing along, when Jess walked in. When they finished, the girls clapped, and Jess rolled his eyes at their enthusiasm.

"So we're gonna be your groupies tomorrow night?" Liv teased.

Jess scowled, "I am not being anyone's groupie."

"Not even mine?" Liv winked.

Jess showed no response.

"Okay...anyway, that was really good, guys!"

"Yeah, do you have a name yet?" Rory asked.

They three boys in the group leapt into a discussion, and the girls laughed at them.

"I'll take that as a no and say sorry I asked," Rory laughed.

"Yeah," Lane nodded, "anyway, we've gotta go. Mama is expecting the boys to play the hymns at her group again. See you tomorrow!"

The group left and Rory went with them.

Liv walked up to Jess, "so, you looking forward to the party?"

"Do I look like I'm looking forward to the party?" Jess snapped.

"What is up with you? I only asked. If you're gonna be an arse, don't bother coming tomorrow," Liv said.

Jess sighed, "I'm sorry. I'll come."

"Don't if you don't want to," Liv said, softer.

"I said I'll come," Jess said, more irritable again. He put his hands on her cheeks gently, "I don't know what's gotten into me. I'll come."

"Okay," Liv smiled, reaching up to kiss him, "I have some last minute homework to do, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Sure," Jess agreed, kissing her forehead.

————————————————————

The next evening, Liv and Rory we're getting ready to go out.

"Mom, do you have a bag I can borrow?" Liv called up the stairs.

Lorelai walked down doing her hair, shaking her head, "for your key?"

"Yeah," Liv said, "Rory do you have one?"

"No. And I'm gonna go to Lane's after, remember?" Rory said.

"Oh yeah," Liv said, "what shall I do with my key?"

Lorelai took her key and undid her belt, hooking the key into it and doing it back up for her.

"The only time you should need to undo it is when you get home," Lorelai said.

"What if I need the toilet?" Liv asked.

"At a high school party? You'll never get the chance to pee with the queues."

"What if I spill my drink?"

"Then you laugh it off."

"What if my trousers catch on fire?"

"Get some water on it."

"Whatever," Liv grinned, shaking her head.

"Now, don't forget me and Luke are going to a hotel and restaurant in Hartford tonight," Lorelai said, smiling.

"Don't think I'm the one who needs the key on their belt," Liv grinned.

"Whatever," Lorelai retorted.

"Come on, Liv. Have a good night mom," Rory smiled.

The girls detoured past Luke's to pick up Jess, before they went to Kyle's. By the time they got there, the band had already set up their equipment and they were doing a sound check. The girls stood and listened, while Jess walked around the house.

We're CrazyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara