Chapter 7

The Gilmore house was chaos as the girls got ready for work and school, coffees were passed round, books were put into books and pop tarts were eaten.

"Mom, don't forget the debate," Rory said.

"I won't. It's at 3, right?" Lorelai asked, putting her shoe on. Rory nodded, "great. Me and Sookie will be there."

"And Dad," Rory said, walking into the bathroom.

"Whose Dad?" Lorelai asked.

"Our Dad!" Rory called from the bathroom.

"Your dad?" Lorelai asked Liv, who was walking to pick up the phone that was ringing.

"Uh huh," Liv said, "remember him?" She asked, picking up the phone, "Gilmore house, talk fast."

"Hey," Jess said.

"Hey, you're not talking quick enough."

"Sorry. I'll try harder. I was thinking, I'm not busy tonight," Jess said.

"Continue."

"Are you busy tonight?"

"Liv! Where's my shoe?" Rory called from in her bedroom.

"Try under the bed!"

"Which one?"

"Yours! Why would it be under mine?"

"You might have turned into a shoe thief!"

"Likely!" She sighed, "anyway, no I'm not busy. I have to watch Rory's debate but I should be back about 4:30."

"No, you're busy," Lorelai told her. Liv furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "where do we go every night? Rhymes with Cryday Fight Sinner? Should be renamed Cryday Fight Sinner?"

"Right!" Liv said, "you know all of those times you or Rory get to bail?"

"Liv," Lorelai said.

"Grandma and Grandpa don't even like me. They won't care if I don't come. Please?" Liv said.

"I can try," Lorelai sighed.

"So is that a maybe?" Jess cleared his throat.

"Right, you're still here. Sorry. No, I'm definitely coming. Meet you at the diner at 5?"

"Sounds good," he smiled before hanging up.

"Liv get off the phone to your boyfriend or we're gonna be late!"

————————————————

Lorelai and Sookie arrived at Chilton, and looked for where Liv had grabbed them seats, "mom! Sookie!"

"Hey, Liv," Sookie smiled.

"You both made it!"

"Well, yeah," Lorelai said, glancing at the door.

"He's not here yet, mom," Liv laughed, "and I only managed to bag three seats so unless one of you want me on your lap, he'll have to sit on his own."

"I'm not even looking for him," Lorelai defended herself, sitting down, "I'm playing match the parent to the kid."

"Right," Liv smirked.

"Oh!" Sookie exclaimed, "the man that just walked in is the boy on the right's Dad. They have the same weird chin."

Someone cleared their throat behind them, "actually that's my son."

Liv snorted and buried her face in her hands, "that makes more sense."