Chapter 39

Agreeing to meet the others at Lorelai's at 7 that evening, Liv and Jess left to go to her house straight away, hoping for a few hours peace before everyone arrived there. Walking across the town, Liv grabbed Jess' hand and squeezed it gently to get him to look at her.

"Give her a chance."

"She stresses me out," Jess deadpanned.

"And my mom stresses me out, yet I am bugged by her 24/7," Liv chuckled.

Jess dropped her hand, "our situations are slightly different, Olivia."

Liv cringed at him using her full name, "I'm sorry, Jess. I know we have different situations. But I think your mum is serious about being back in your life."

Jess shook his head and smirked bitterly, "heard that before."

"Not from me. Jess, I talked to her, she's happy you're happy. And she seems to have turned herself around and is happy with TJ. Give her a chance, babe, please," Liv begged him.

He stopped walking and looked at her, sighing and grabbing her hands in his, "I'm not getting my hopes up, Liv."

"Just...trust me on this one. And if I'm wrong...if I'm wrong I'll have to make it up to you," Liv saw Jess smirk cheekily, and swatted him on the arm, "not like that!"

"Okay. I'll give her a chance," Jess said, clearly still unhappy.

"Good. I love you," Liv smiled, kissing him on the cheek.

"I love you too," Jess said.

Liv began walking again, "come on then. I'm gonna need a nap before they all come over later, I'm exhausted. Hayley kept me up sobbing all evening over her latest failed fling."

"Oh dear," Jess said, clearly not meaning it.

"She'll probably go out this afternoon and bring someone else back to the apartment. I'm glad I'm not there and that I locked my door before I left," Liv sighed.

They got back to Lorelai's house and Liv grabbed the case with her clothes in, and made her way to her old bedroom, which her and Jess would be sleeping in, as Rory would be staying with Lane.

"I'm gonna go for that nap, are you coming?" Liv asked, mid-yawn.

"I'm gonna have a beer. Calm the nerves," Jess said simply, kissing her forehead lightly before he walked to the fridge.

"I do find you're more agreeable after a beer or two," Liv smiled, before closing the door to sleep.

Jess accidentally made his way through several beers by the time Liv woke up, refreshed and in a clean set of clothes, having changed into a pair of back jeans and a light blue one shoulder jumper.

He looked up at her and smiled, "beautiful."

Liv rolled her eyes, "how many beers have you had?"

Jess scoffed loudly, "one."

Liv raised an eyebrow, walking to the sink and grabbing a glass, "then why are there 5 empty bottles in this room?"

Jess shrugged as she put the water in front of him, "they're not mine."

Liv was about to retort, but heard her sister call her name as she entered the house, "sober up," she told him.

"Rory!" Liv grinned, as she went to meet her at the door.

They hugged quickly, before sitting in the living room so that Jess could have some space.

"What's new with you?" Liv asked.