Chapter 27

And it was time. Time for the twins to leave to go to college. Liv and Rory sat in their room, surrounded by bags and boxes. They were sat on their respective beds, in their pyjamas still. Rory had already finished, whereas Liv kept getting distracted by things she'd forgotten she even owned.

"That's me done," Rory said, standing up.

"Why did I think that I'd be able to pack the morning before? I'm gonna be here all day," Liv groaned, lying back on her bed.

"If you keep taking breaks, you will be here all day," Rory smiled, pulling her up.

"What if I go the day after tomorrow?" Liv complained.

"Well, Luke decided to close the diner tomorrow so he and Jess can take you, so no," Rory told her.

Lorelai was going to drive Rory to Yale, meaning that Luke had offered to take Liv in his truck, so Jess naturally decided to tag along.

"But I'm never gonna be packed in time!" Liv huffed.

"I can help if you want," Jess said from the door, as Rory left.

"Oh yeah, I imagine you'll be so much help," Liv rolled her eyes, patting the bed to get him to sit down, "so far I've packed my clothes and that's it."

"What else do you need?" Jess asked.

"My books, my makeup, my photos and my other bits and bobs," Liv said, leaning on him.

"We'll do that no problem. As long as you actually pack instead of procrastinating," Jess said, looking in a box, "see, Rory's finished."

"I'm more of a hoarder than Rory," Liv said.

"Clearly," Jess chuckled, pulling out a snow globe from one of the boxes, that had a small penguin in.

Liv tutted, "I got this when I was 5! We went to the mall to see Santa and got them for free."

"The penguin only has one eye," Jess pointed out, before Liv snatched it from him and put it in the box again.

"It holds a memory for me," Liv said, narrowing her eyes at him.

They sorted through some more things, before moving onto her books.

"Rory's already taken hers off, so the rest are mine. I won't take them all, just a box," Liv said, as they stood in front of the book case.

"Well, you won't be needing the ones on the bottom shelf," Jess smirked, pointing to the books that Rory and her had when they were 2-3.

"As I said, I'm a hoarder, ignore the bottom shelf," Liv said, shoving him slightly, "you're not allowed to help me sort them out, because you won't let me take Harry Potter."

"It would save a lot of room," Jess mumbled.

They sorted through the books, before going onto the photo albums and frames that Liv has on her bedside table.

"Do you have enough photos?" Jess asked, looking at them all.

"I like to document stuff," Liv shrugged.

"Who's this?" He asked, picking up a picture.

Liv knelt up and looked over her shoulder.

"Oh, erm, that's Tristan," Liv said, quietly, "that's also a very cute outfit I'm wearing there."

It was from the Christmas Liv and Tristan spent as a couple, when they'd spent the 22nd and 23rd of December together. They'd gone ice skating, and someone had taken their picture by the Christmas tree in the middle of the rink. They were grinning at the camera, Tristan's arm around her waist.

"That is a cute outfit," Jess nodded, referring to her brown coat, white scarf and black jeans, "your ex?"

Liv, still knelt behind him, wrapped her arms around his neck, "yep."

"You still have lots of pictures of you both," Jess noted.

"I know," Liv said, sitting back down, feeling awkward.

"Why?"

Liv shrugged, "they were good times. I'm not saying that I'm sad that we're not together anymore, and we weren't perfect by any means, but we had fun. I am happier now, honestly. I'll, erm, throw them away, don't worry."

Liv began picking up the ones of her and Tristan, but Jess grabbed her wrist.

"You don't have to throw them away because of me," he smiled.

"What? Who are you and what have you done with Jess?" Liv chuckled.

"What can I say? I guess you've changed me," Jess smiled.

"Yep, you're a big softie now," Liv teased him.

"I'm not a big softie," Jess scoffed, "I just have a soft spot for you."

Liv put a hand on his cheek and smiled, "you're a big softie."

"I can assure you, I'm not," Jess smirked, pushing Liv slightly down so that she was lying on the bed underneath him.

Liv rolled her eyes, "god, you're so rude."

"I was simply correcting you."

Jess leant down and brushed his lips against hers.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," Liv mumbled.

"I'll miss you too. I'll come and see you all the time," Jess said, kissing her again.

They looked up as they heard the door open.

"God, Liv! You're meant to be packing!" Rory exclaimed.

"I was having another break," she mumbled, pushing Jess off her, embarrassed.

"You can't have a break from something you haven't started," Rory said, still annoyed.

"Whatever," Liv sighed, turning to Jess, "get out."

"What?" Jess said.

"Get out, I need to pack and I'll never finish with you in here. Out! Now!" Liv said, shutting him out of the door.

Liv continued packing, while Rory looked through a leaflet for Yale.

"Liv? Did you know that Dean is dating Lindsey? From Stars Hollow High?" Rory said, quietly.

Liv looked up from her box, "Lindsey? Really?"

"Yeah. Lane mentioned it the other day," Rory told her.

Liv shook her head, "I had no idea. Are you...upset?"

Rory shrugged, "not especially? I don't know. I guess not - we aren't together anymore."

"Besides, you're going to Yale. I'm sure you'll meet a nice, journalist boyfriend who is a normal height and isn't obsessed with your twin sister who will make you much happier," Liv shrugged, "unlike Dean, who is abnormally tall and is probably going to be stuck here the rest of his life."

Rory rolled her eyes, "you're just biased against him."

"Rory you're way too good for him!" Liv sighed, throwing a pair of socks at her from a nearby, "his hair is weird!"

"I liked his hair," Rory said, quietly.

"Rory, you're gonna go to Yale and meet a rich boy who absolutely worships you, who has normal hair. I could see you with a blond," Liv said, thinking.

"Blonds aren't my type," Rory retorted.

"They will be," Liv smirked.

"Whatever, Mystic Meg," Rory mumbled.

Liv packed for another hour, before standing up triumphantly, "I'm done!"

"Finally," Rory said.

They looked around their room, which was now pretty bare.

"I'm gonna miss you, Ror," Liv sighed.

"I'll miss you too," Rory smiled.

"Nah, you'll have your blond guy to keep you company."

New chapter! Thank you so so much for the comments on the previous chapters, I appreciate it so much! Xoxo