Chapter 18: You Did What?

-Willow-

“You okay?” Noah’s thumb traced over my bottom lip.

                “Uh, yeah.” I answered quickly. “Just tired. It’s been a long day.” The note felt like it was burning a hole in my pocket.

Noah placed a finger under my chin to tilt my head up. “Get some rest and you know where to find me if you can’t sleep.”

I nodded and leaned in to give him another kiss. “I’ll most likely come find you when your parents go to bed.” I smiled.

He returned a smile, “I’ll be waiting then.” He gave me a longer kiss and I stood up off of his lap. I watched him run up the basement stairs and the door closing behind him.

                Minutes have passed and he hasn’t come back for anything. I assumed it was safe and quickly pulled the note from my back pocket. It read:

                “I know where Scott is and I can help you get him out. Below is a number. Text that number and I’ll send you an address. And taking that number to the cops isn’t going to help him. You have until tomorrow at Midnight. If not, I’ll let Boss take care of him.

    P.S. Leave Noah out of this.” And below that was a number scribbled down.

                The hell I’m going to leave Noah out of this.

                Even though I know he’s not going to let me go alone.

                What I don’t understand is why me. Why didn’t she just go to Noah? But I have a chance to get Scott back. I don’t even know if we can trust her. What if it’s a trap? With that thought, I did want to leave Noah out of it. It would be to protect him just like he’s protected me, right? I can’t lie to Noah again. I can’t keep things from him.

                But I will if it means protecting him. I’ll take my chances.

                Again with the part about trusting her. I have no idea who she is or why she looks like the female version of Scott. Maybe Leo has more secrets than I care to even know.

                Without even thinking, I pulled my phone from my pocket and started putting in the number. I gave her my answer and waiting for a text back. A few minutes of pacing back and forth, and my phone buzzed in my hand with a new message. I opened it quickly and it read: “Don’t bring the cops or you’ll regret it.” And below that was an address in Huntington and a time for Saturday night.

                Noah was right about Huntington.

                Or it could just be another trap.

                At this point, I would do anything to protect Noah. And for now, I’m not going to tell him about this until I find out what it is. It could be too late if I go. She told me to leave Noah out of it for a reason. Whatever that reason may be, I’m going to leave Noah out of it.

                I sucked in a breath and exhaled slowly. Everything is going to be okay and I’m going to get Scott back. I’ll be sure to have daggers tucked into my boots and everything will be okay.

                Let’s not jinx it.

                I cleared my mind and collected clothes for my shower. I heard the TV on and Leo and Carrie faintly talking in the family room. I made my way up the stairs and to Noah’s room. The door was only cracked a little so I pushed it open. Noah was sitting at his desk, actually doing his homework. It made me smile. Something as simple as Noah doing homework made me smile. “You’re staring.” He mumbled without looking up from his paper.