Chapter 8: I Want You There

-Willow-

“Can we talk for a minute?” Noah asked timidly as we stopped in front of the front door.

I nodded and unlocked the door.  Carrie must have left for her getaway with her friends.  I wasn’t complaining because I had the house to myself.

                We walked into the kitchen and I started roaming around, trying to gather things to cook for dinner.  As I started chopping vegetables, Noah leaned against the counter across from me. “What do you need to talk about?” I asked, not looking up from my knife.

                “Did he hurt you?”

With that, I dropped the knife and looked up at him. “He didn’t touch me.” My wrist was still a bit sore from his tight grip.  There was bound to be a bruise but I was too scared to look.

                Noah walked around the island and stood next to me. He fished something out of his pocket and held the small object tight in his hand. “I went apartment hunting today.” He stated.

I lifted my shoulders and dropped them in a shrug, “And? You and Scott are moving back here?”

Noah gave a quick shake of his head before taking my hand into his, palm up. “I needed a place no one could find you.  A safe place.  Like we had with the condo.” The cool of the object touched my hand and Noah folded my fingers over it. “If something happens, I want you to go there. Only you and I know about it.”

My heart was racing.  “It’s not that hard to look up someone’s name.”

                “It is when they don’t know which name.” He smirked.

I couldn’t help the smile on my face.  “I still kind of hate you.”

I put the key in my pocket and Noah grabbed both of my hands. “I won’t leave you alone this time, Willow. You will never go through that again. It goes for Alex too.”

                “And you too. You need to be safe too, Noah.”

Noah smiled and dropped my hands.  He caressed my face lightly in his hands as if I might break. “Always looking out for me.”

My hands were placed on his hips and I balled the fabric of his shirt into my hands. “I wish I didn’t have to.”

He leaned down, leaving a small kiss on the tip of my nose before pressing his forehead against mine. “I’m so sorry.”

My body reacted before my mind.  I stood on my toes and kissed him tenderly. I paid special attention to the feel of his lips. The way he reacted to my touch was enough to set me off. His arms found my waist like they used to and we were meshed together. 

                The last time I kissed him, I was angry.  So unbelievably angry. I was afraid he was going to come back into my life and leave.  But I don’t think he’s going anywhere and that was enough for me to give in completely.

                My fingers found their way to his hair on the nape of his neck.  I curled my fingers around the hair, gently tugging to earn a moan from him. “Still a tease.” He mumbled against my lips, causing me to smile.  I placed my lips against his again, his mouth immediately opening under mine.  “I want you.” I said in between kisses. I whimpered his name and his grip tightened on my hips. 

                Noah lifted me up with ease and set me down on the island top.  My legs wrapped around his waist and I pulled him closer.  “Don’t say that to me right now.” He hissed and attacked my lips again.  My hands traveled up his clothed abdomen, feeling the valley’s and dents and his sculpted chest.  I locked my fingers behind his neck, attempting to pull him a little closer.