Chapter 12: He's My Brother!

-Noah-

“We’ll get you enrolled first thing Monday morning, we’ll have to get you new clothes…” I tuned my mom out once she told me I was going back to school. I dropped out my senior year for a reason, and that wasn’t to repeat it. I did miss more than half, but I wasn’t about to step foot back inside that high school.

                “Can I just take online classes or something?” I pushed.

She stopped pacing long enough to look at me. “What? No. That’s not an option.”

                “I’m not going back to high school.” I wish Willow would wake up already.

My mom sat down next to me on the couch, which happened to be my bed for the night. They definitely weren’t going to let me sleep in the same bed as Willow. Especially since they know exactly what happened last night.

                “Too bad, Noah. You’re going back to school and finishing your senior year.”

                “I’m 19, if I don’t want to, you can’t force me to.”

She smiled, placing a hand lightly on my shoulder. “I’m still your mother, Noah. And you’re going back to school. Do this for me, please.”

                “Am I not allowed to at least think about it?”

My dad came trudging back into the living room after he left to put Alex in the car. “We’ll continue this when I get back.” She said sternly and rose to her feet. My dad sent a cut off nod in my direction which also told me to listen to my mother.

                I leaned my head back and looked up at the ceiling. The only positive thing about going back, would be that Willow and I could possibly have classes together. Willow is the only positive thing about that school period. Why would I want to go back? Dropping out means dropping out and not returning. But I’ve already caused my mom so much pain. I could at least do this for her.

                Scott’s definitely not going to like this.

                I couldn’t leave again.

                With the new information that Scott has given me, I think it’s safe to just let me go. Let me have my life back. Scott can’t come back, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t. He’s ruined my life over the past few months. Absolutely no freedom. And I can have that back now. I can have it all back.

                “Thinking hard?”

Willow’s voice brought a smile to my face.

                I lifted my head in time to see her sit next to me. “How long have you been up?”

                “I never went back to sleep.” She ruffled her fingers through her messy waves and sighed. “Did you at least get some sleep?”

I nodded, “Two hours at least. She woke me up to talk to me about school.”

                “School?”

                “She wants me to finish my senior year.”

Willow tucked her legs beneath her and rested her head onto the palm of her hand. “That’s not a bad idea. It keeps you away from Scott.”

Another positive.

                “It’s time to take control again, Noah. Your life is still here. I think going back to school will help you. Scott can’t touch you there. And you know he’s not going to come around here with your parent’s home. You’re safe again.”