Chapter 20: 13 Months Earlier

-Scott-

*13 Months Earlier*

“That girl over there has been eyeing you all night.” Ash slurred next to me. He pointed to the tall brunette who was indeed staring in my direction and has been since I got here. Mist was loud, as usual, so Ash had to scream in my ear. “Go dance with her!”

I looked over at Ash, one drink in his hand and a grin on his face that made me laugh. “Will it make you happy?”

He quickly nodded. “Oh yeah! You’ve been such an ass ever since Olivia broke up with you! It’s time to get back out there!”

My smile was weak. “Uh, yeah. Thanks.”

He put an arm around my shoulders. “It’s what I’m here for.”

                Ash was a huge goof when he’s drunk. Not complaining though, he’s a lot of fun.

                My eyes scanned over the crowd of dancing bodies from the bar and I spotted someone in particular. She was behind the girl who has been staring at me, dancing with one of her friends. Ash’s sister, Willow. She’s most definitely off limits, but that only made her more alluring. She always had a smile on her face and I wondered how many different ways I could corrupt her. I could at least think of five possibilities.

                When I’m not working here, I try not to come here. My dad stays in his office and there’s not much to do really. Tonight Ash and Max talked me into coming. It wasn’t hard because I needed to come here anyway. The band Modern Hero played a set tonight and there was someone I needed to see. They just finished moments ago and clearly it wouldn’t be hard to get backstage.

                The girl curled her finger towards me, gesturing for me to come there. I smiled and sauntered towards her. “It’s about time.” She purred, resting her hands against my chest. “I’m Amelia.”

                “Pretty name.” I grabbed her hand and led her further into the middle of the room. At least this will get Ash off my back for a few minutes.

                We danced for what felt like way too long and she disappeared. I walked to the bar, asking the bartender for a glass of water. “Thought I told you I would come to you.” The voice beside me made me jump a little. Kind of embarrassing.

                I turned my head to face the person. “That doesn’t work for me.”

He smiled, but nothing was humorous about it. “I guess that means you’re here for a reason. And I’m sure it’s not to ask me how our dad has been.”

                “I’m hoping he’s not good at all, but we also know that’s a lie.” I retorted.

Noah rolled his eyes. “How’d you find out about me anyhow?”

                “You don’t forget the face of the person who told you you were a mistake.” I stated. “I would never forget the name Leo Lockwood. I wanted to find out more about him. Found out he had two more kids. Turns out I have two brothers, not just one. I guess you guys got lucky.”

Noah didn’t say anything at first, but his face pinched a little. “If you want me to feel sorry for you, that’s not gonna happen. My dad cheated on my mom when they were married. My dad’s the bad guy, not me. So don’t tell me how good I have it.”

I just met the guy and I already want to deck him. “I didn’t ask for this!” I grounded. “I didn’t ask to be here, did I? It was a mistake your dad made and didn’t take care of.”