Chapter 21: We're Going To Need You.

*Present Day*

-Willow-

I swung my fist towards Noah, but he ducked under my arm. I wasn’t quick enough to turn around and his arm locked around my throat as he pulled me against his chest. I gripped his forearm in my hand, letting my nails sink into his skin. I lifted a leg, aiming for a swift kick to his groin. Noah dropped to the ground with a loud groan.

“Shit!” I rushed to him. But he had an amused smile on his face. “Are you okay?”

“Didn’t think you had it in you.” He breathed, staggering back up to his feet.

My hands flew to my mouth, either to keep from laughing or to keep from babbling. “Oh god, I’m so sorry.”

He grabbed the towel from the table and brushed it across his damp forehead. “It’s fine.” He laughed. “I couldn’t be mad because it’s what I taught you.”

                “That and if I threw my head back there would have been a great chance that I would break your nose.”

He tilted his head, a smirk arising on his lips as he stepped towards me. “Are you saying you have it in you to break my nose? Kicking me in my manhood in one thing…”

                “If my life is in danger, I’m capable of anything.”

                It was only hours until we had to meet her and Noah wanted to spend it basically kicking my ass and getting a laugh out of it. “Don’t you think we should save our energy?”

Noah shrugged. “Probably. But I would rather teach you how to beat someone’s ass if you have to.”

I let out a small laugh. “If I can beat you, you’ll let me go?”

He walked up to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. “Depends on your definition of letting you go.”

                “As in letting me go shower, doofus.” I smacked the side of his head and he laughed.

We were both sweaty and gross. But for some reason, Noah could pull it off. Red cheeks, damp curls, and heavy breathing.

                And I probably looked like I’ve been through hell and back a few times.

                I leaned into Noah, just centimeters from his lips. “Can I tell you something?” I whispered, looking up at him through my lashes. “Don’t underestimate me.” I smirked.

I hooked a leg behind Noah’s knee, causing him to lose his balance and fall onto his back with a loud thud. He groaned and hissed a few curse words. I dropped down to straddle his waist and pressed my forearm against his neck. “I think I’m definitely capable of kicking your ass.”

                That stupid smirk on his face was about to get slapped off.

                “You sure?” He asked.

In a flash, I was now being pinned to the mat on the floor and Noah hovered over me. “I think you underestimated me.” He leaned in closer. “If you wanna play dirty, I’ll play dirty, Princess.”

I hooked a leg around his hip, “Is there any other way?” I lifted my other leg, my knee only getting closer to his precious ‘manhood’. It was only for a distraction.

                He was way too easy to distract. He was already inching back and that’s when I made my move. I pressed hard against his chest, using my free foot for leverage against his abdomen. He fell backwards onto the mat and I was on top of him again. I used my hands to pin his above his head. “Ready to tap out?”