Chapter 22: I Didn't Plan On Getting Caught

-Willow-

Noah kept a tight grip on my hand on our way to the address. He wasn’t talking and that made me nervous. When Noah isn’t talking, he’s thinking. Nothing good comes of Noah’s thinking at a time like this. He’s probably thinking of the different ways he can get away with murder.

                Bad timing.

                When we turned down the street, Noah turned off the headlights and slowed down. This was an abandoned neighborhood and all the houses seemed to be run down. Except one was more kept than the others and it had the number on the house that we needed. Noah parked the car several houses down from the one we’re supposed to be at.

                I started to pull my hand from Noah’s but he only tightened his grip. I squeezed my eyes closed and let out a shaky breath. “We need to go, Noah.”

                “I just need you to listen to me.” He said.

Noah dropped my hand and cupped my face between his hands, forcing me to look at him. “If something goes wrong—”

                “Noah—”

                “Just listen. If something happens and I tell you to run, you need to go and don’t come back. Do you understand?”

                “No, I don’t. I’m not leaving you again.” I grounded. “Do you understand?”

His stare was intense and almost too much to handle. “I’m not changing my mind.” I added quickly. “But I wish you would.”

                “You know I wouldn’t let you do this alone. I never even thought about changing my mind. I just wish you would think about this.”

                “You don’t think I haven’t thought about this? It’s all I think about. It’s all I’ve thought about.”

He pressed his lips against mine without saying anything else. It was short, maybe too short. I always felt like I never had enough of Noah. He’s given himself to me completely, there’s nothing else I could ask for. I just need him. “If I run, you run.” He mumbled against my lips.

                “If you run, I run.” I repeated.

He kissed me again, much longer than before.

                But like I said, it was never enough. “All we have to do is open a window, how hard could that be?” I stated, trying to be a little optimistic.

Noah smiled. “If only everything was as simple as opening a window.”

                He dropped his hands from my face and we got out of the car. I met him behind the car and he was already scanning over the map the girl gave us. He pointed to where Scott’s room was, “At least it’s not on the other side of the house.” He muttered and folded it back up and stuck it in his pocket. “Let’s go behind the houses. Less chance one of the guards will see us.”

I just nodded, the nerves settling so deep in my stomach.

                Noah wrapped his hand around mine and pulled between the run down houses. The grass was overgrown and I was glad I wore long pants.

                Long pants is definitely something I shouldn’t even be worrying about right now.

                The moon was bright, but barely lit our way. Noah kept his hand around mine and he tucked me behind him, which made it even harder to see. He came to a stop and pulled me from behind him. “It’s the next house.” He whispered, taking a glance and back to me. “Remember, I run, you run. And you’re sure you don’t want to change your mind?”