Chapter 2: Just Shut Up For Ten Seconds, Okay?

-Willow-

He didn’t look disappointed or mad.  Not even shocked.  He kind of just smirked and looked back down at his drums.  I guess there was three ways this could have gone instead of two.  He didn’t even care I was here and I think that’s worse than him being mad I was here.  I tried pushing those thoughts back as the band finished the rest of their set.

                The lights came back on and people started leaving.  I thought it was even pointless to stay and try to get backstage.  So I pushed Ashley and Ash forward.  I stopped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.  I spun around, coming face to face with one of the security guards.  “I didn’t do anything—” I said quickly but he laughed.  “Come with me.”

I made Ash and Ashley follow me because I wasn’t sure what I was in for.  “Where are we going?” I asked the man.

                “I’m just doing my job.” Was all he said before turning a corner and down a long, white hallway.  We stopped in front of the door.  “Only you.” He said before knocking.

I heard laughter on the other side and the door finally opened.  “Here she is.”

It was one of the guitarists.  I didn’t know his name and I really didn’t care to.  “Erik always did know how to pick’em.” He grinned and walked passed me out of the room.

I stepped inside, the guys leaving one by one.  They all smiled at me like they knew what was up.  “What to know something funny?” I heard his voice before I saw him resting lazily on the couch with his phone in hand.

My heart was hammering so hard against my chest and I felt numb.  “W-what?” I stuttered, feeling the nervousness seep into my words.

He put down his phone and stood up.  I almost forgot how tall he was. And I never noticed the black ring through his lip, either.  “I knew you would show up tonight.”

                “You make that sound like a bad thing.” I found my confidence again but looking into his eyes after so long made me feel weak.

Noah shrugged his shoulders and leaned against the couch.  “I wouldn’t say it’s a bad thing.  I would say it wasn’t really smart.”

                “I never really was smart when it came to you, I guess.” Which was absolutely true.  But my stupidity wasn’t Noah’s fault.  It was mine.  “I thought seeing you would help me.”

                   “Seeing me couldn’t help you with anything.”

                “I needed more closure than what you gave me.” I half lied. “It feels like an open wound someone keeps pouring salt on.”

His expression remain hard and cold.  Almost distant.  “I don’t know what you want from me, Willow. You coming here isn't closing any wounds, it’s just opening up old ones.”

I let out a sigh and rubbed my hands over my face.  “I just needed to see you, okay?  It’s a relief to know you’re even alive right now.” I was begging myself not to cry.

Noah shifted a little and folded his arms against his chest. “I don’t know what you want me to say.”

                “Anything is better than nothing.” I said as I took a step closer.  “I missed you.  A lot.”

He peeked from under the mess of curls falling over his eyes. “You want me to tell you I missed you too?  Is that what you’re doing here?”

I clenched my jaw shut and curled my fingers into fists at my sides.  “I don’t want anything from you.” I grounded.  “Why did you invite me back here if you’re going to be a complete ass to me?”