Chapter 3 - Bonfire for outcasts

This time, the bonfire for rogues was organized at the river bank. It was quite far from the cave I had settled into but I could use some fun and have some interactions with others than Sam.

It almost was a day's journey but Sam kept me company so the trip wasn't that bad. It was raining though so everything was muddy and disgusting. My paws were covered in dirt. We hoped tonight it would clear up or else there probably won't be a bonfire.

We got there before nightfall. I shifted into my human form and pulled on the clothes I had stolen with Sam. I had stolen a white tank top which showed a bit of cleavage. I didn't bother with bras anymore. Idiotic things.

I also wore green oversized pants which had these large cool pockets at the side of my legs. I let my feet be bare. They were muddy anyway.

"Lucy!" A few voices called out to me making me raise my hand and wave at them. Sam went off to his friends as well, so we parted here.

I saw three of my comrades sitting around on two logs. They had a beer and what seemed like meat on a stick. I looked at the bonfire and saw people roasting meat over it. There were around twenty rogues in total, which will probably be more in an hour or two.

"Hey, Liam, Mia, James. What's up?"

I grabbed a beer also and chucked the first one, making them cheer out loud. I liked these three a lot.

Liam had light brown hair and dark brown eyes, he never told us his age but we guess he is around his thirty-ish.

Mia probably isn't her real name, or she's a simple girl but she's an odd redhead with green eyes. Don't get on her bad side, I have seen her kill before, and damn, she does it well. But even so, she ain't that strong.

I honestly am amazed she still lives.

James is mostly quiet but he's sweet, but when his anger built up a lot, and then when he explodes you better run. He had brown hair and blue eyes, like me.

Long story short, we aren't rogues for nothing. Don't expect us to be sweet, innocent beings because we're not. "Rick was stirring up some trouble so we fought." Mia held up her arm which had deep wounds going from her worst to her elbow. It was still bleeding as well.

I hissed upon the sight of it, "damn, the fuck did he want?" I growled lowly, he should try it again and I'll show him exactly what hell is like.

She shrugged, "fuck obviously, I wasn't in the mood." She bumped Liam, "I rather have this hot piece of meat."

We laughed a little together and I also went to roast my meat over the fire. I only brought two bunnies and a chicken we had stolen from a farm on the way here. The same man that had bothered Mia was loudly laughing at the bonfire, ugh, everyone knew this guy.

Rick, was one of the top guys of the rogues. He was strong and fast and most of the time got what he wants. He didn't even have a scratch on him from the fight with Mia. Something in me told me she didn't particularly win.

But that's how it goes in our world, if someone stronger than you wants something and you can't protect yourself from it happening then that's on you. "Oh look who finally joined the party." He swung his arm around me and lightly bit my neck. He didn't do it in a playful manner but rather in a dominant one.

I slapped his arm away and glared at him, "touch Mia again, and I'll rip your throat out." I stood on my tippy toes to lean close to his ear, "with my teeth." I whispered the last part.

Rick whistled and his friends laughed, "I already had this sweet piece of ass boys, she's worth the trouble." Rick taunted and tried to slap my ass.

I dodged it and then I placed my sticks above the fire, I loved a challenge. I have changed a lot. I wasn't the pretty daddy's princess hidden in de palace anymore, no, I became the scoundrel fighting for scraps. "Well, your dick ain't the trouble girls. He ain't packing much." I challenged him back.