Chapter 11 - Last chance

Declan's pov

She was troublesome. Her whole attitude screamed problem. Ever since Lucille arrived at the rehabilitation camp she had been stirring up concern. She was creating havoc en strangely, the other rogues followed her craziness.

She almost acted like a leader of some sort.

My heart and my mind were in a constant battle. My heart wanted my mate, I wanted to hold her and wait for her to return to her old self. And yet, any other rogue would have been executed already. Everyone knows she's a lost cause. My mind knows and especially after she had her whole hand tucked into another wolf's chest.

She was toying with his life and I saw she enjoyed every second of it. No sane person would do such a thing. Her sight was blinded with rage and I couldn't stop her.

That tiny wolf Sam did, he struggled as well but he got her semi-back. And afterward, while she was dragged to the dungeon, he was whining for me to forgive Lucille.

It wasn't a matter of forgiving... I couldn't keep her locked up in here for the rest of her life hoping one day she would get the same again. She was too far gone, I'm afraid to even admit it.

I have asked countless families to let go of their loved ones. Mothers, brothers, daughters, mates... And they always took my advice. I realize now how strong those people are.

I can't think about losing her again. In my eyes, she was my Luna, even though there wasn't a Luna in that woman. Luna's are strong, yes, but caring and loving. Packs always go to her for advice.

My pack would run away from a Luna like Lucille, she wasn't exactly the caring type anymore. A Luna wouldn't put their fist in someone's chest.

And yet I felt the cravings of my pack for Luna, they wanted one now. Even my sister has been introducing woman after woman in the hope one would spark my interest. She hopes Charlotte could be the one who would become my Luna and bear my heir.

Today I had a meeting with all the teachers about the new arrivals' first two weeks. An evaluation of some sort. Is there progress, if so then what? If not, what can we do about it?

We usually start with the worst cases, so we all knew who was at the top. Lucille was the first to be discussed. "Her subjects are painting, sports, and baking. Her guard is Abel." I looked at Susan who gives the subject painting and asked her her opinion.

She nodded and started, "Most of my exercises are purposely focused on comparing life before, during, and after. In every exercise, she sees life out there as a better one in every aspect than before. I see no progress and even see her slip away, I think she will never be in a pack again. So forgive me Alpha, I think this one is a lost cause." Susan sat back down and nodded quickly at me.

She was a gentle lady and always very honest. "Her next subject is sports."

Harry was the next to speak and he was quite positive about Lucille. "She's hard-working, she likes to run and participate in sports and to exceed the others. She hasn't participated in team sports yet, for the safety of others of course. So I can't say much about her performance in that."

I nodded, I recognized what he meant, and last but not least... "Next is baking..."

Her teacher, Stella, next spoke. "I think she's a ticking time bomb... But she doesn't give up when she makes a mistake and she gleams when she succeeds. That being said, I wouldn't give her a knife. She's too dangerous."   She pulled her long ponytail to the side and looked at me, "If I may, Alpha..."

I sighed and nodded at her to continue.

She placed her hands on the table and leaned forward a bit, "I think I'm  speaking for everyone when I say she's a hard case, maybe even a lost one." She said what everyone else didn't dare to say, my mate was a lunatic.