Chapter 27 - Unshaken

In my time as a rogue, I quickly learned to stay alert. Even in the coziest bed, I sensed a presence entering the room and woke with a growl. Leo laughed at my threatening sound, seeming unfazed. "Take it easy, Luna."

I kept my eyes on him as he approached and sat on the bed. When he tried reaching out, I slapped his hand away. "You get bold once you're healed."

"I get angry when confined," I retorted. "Especially when someone like you tries to touch me."

Despite trading the cave for this cute cabin, I wasn't falling for his charm.

His expression dropped, muttering about my perpetual morning grumpiness. "When was your last bleed?"

I chuckled uncomfortably, wondering why he asked such a personal question. "What's with the sudden interest? Is it night outside?"

"Nightfall, now answer me." He growled as he reached out again, determined to get a response.

With his hands on my jaw, he pressured me to speak. "It's been a while. My body's been under a lot of stress."

And when stress is high, periods disappear. My body knew it couldn't support a child, so I hadn't had a full period in over a year.

Occasionally, there was some bleeding, but it was minimal, lasting only a day or two, compared to the usual five.

He sighed, "that's not good." Standing up, he decided, "I'll have my healer check on you in the morning."

"That's unnecessary."

He clicked his tongue. "I want you healthy for when you bear my pups."

I burst into laughter, shaking my head at his absurdity. "You're out of your mind. I won't let you near me, ever."

His shoulders tensed and then dropped, growling low, putting me on high alert. I threw the covers aside, sliding out of bed, taking a defensive stance. "I provide you with a bed, food, a shower, and warmth, and yet... you still disrespect me?"

I shrugged. "Respect is earned. Your past actions destroyed any chance of earning mine. Are you taking back your promises then?"

He laughed darkly. "I never promised you anything, my love. Adjust, because before winter, you'll be pregnant, and we'll start the pack we dreamed about."

Panic gripped me. "I never dreamed of any pack! You can't force me like back then."

He circled the bed, using his long arms to reach for me. With limited space, I couldn't dodge him. He grabbed my wrists, claws digging in. I howled in pain, retaliating with my own claws. "Let me the fuck go."

He released one wrist, grabbing me by the neck, claws digging in. I struggled, tears in my eyes. He bit my lip until it bled, cold lips forcing a kiss. He pushed me back, bone peeking through a snapped wrist. I challenged him, spat blood at him.

"You'll learn again to obey me, maybe in time, but you will. You will carry my child and when you have I'll mate you over again until you accept the bond." He tugged me close by my neck and I let a tear fall from my eyes.

He was menacing. Declan was dominant just as he was but Declan had dignity. He knew kindness. Leonardo did not have any of that.

He bit my lip until he drew blood and then placed his cold lips onto mine. When I didn't kiss him back he snapped my wrist again. This time I didn't let a whine escape from me, I just forced my cries back.