Chapter 22 - Choices

Lucille's pov and spicy chapters ahead. :)

"I wouldn't be defeated by him," Declan growled and slammed his fist on the table. His dominance flared and everyone flinched.

Everyone but me.

"You're too different from him," I just started directly at him.

He squinted his eyes. Everyone else just silently observed us.

No one dared to intervene in my discussion with Declan as we hurled words at each other. "How am I different from him?" Declan even stood up, "You think I'm weaker?"

I also stood up and slammed my fist on the table. I felt Abel hold onto my wrist, he was afraid I'd lose my shit. But my control had been great, lately.

"Not weaker physically, mentally yes. Leonardo would sacrifice anything for what he wants, will you sacrifice your sister for me?"

Declan was taken aback by my question. It earned me a growl from everyone around the table. "I mean..." I started, "If he has his claw around her throat and he says her life for mine, will you trade me? Will you let him slash her throat? Because he will, you have many weaknesses around here. I can count thirty in this room right now."

"He has not one fucking weakness!"

Still no response from anyone. They just listened to me ramble.

"Will you or not?"

He didn't reply. I made a buzzing sound. 'Leo chooses in a second, he would kill anyone if it means getting what he wants. You already took too long over a hypothetical question, imagine the real deal..."

They didn't understand his ruthlessness as I did, they hadn't seen him kill like I had seen.

"Leonardo will kill a child for what he wants. You would not. He would sacrifice his whole pack for what he wants, you would not. He does not have a family that he needs to care for, you do. You all need to open your eyes unless we come up with a plan, you are all fucked!"

I was breathing heavily for yelling so much. I sat down and only then did Abel release my wrist. Declan now sat down too. He even wrapped his hands into each other and thought for a moment. Now I had said enough, so I just sat there too.

"I understand." He paused once more and looked around. "I indeed have too many weaknesses."

"And the biggest one is targeted." Joshua groaned, "How strong is he?" He looked at me.

"You want me to answer honestly?"

They didn't reply so I just did, "I think he hasn't just wiped out packs across the country for nothing. Declan is strong but Leonardo is a close match I think."

"You doubt I could beat him?" Declan asked.

I nodded, "I think you out of everyone have the strength to beat him, but as I said, he fights dirty and uses his enemy's weakness against them." I hesitated, "And I think there are enough rogue spying in here for him that have told him all about your countless weaknesses."

"Then let's just get you out of here," Alani said, meaning me of course.

I raised my eyebrow, it was an option in my head but I don't think Declan will let me go. Declan of course rejected it right away.

Joshua agreed that I couldn't go back to being a rogue. He even mentioned that I made great progress which mind you, kind of makes me proud.

"I think before we even make a decision, you need to make one." Charlotte who had been silent this whole time, now spoke too.