Chapter 24 - pain and loss

Declan's pov

Sex with Lucille was amazing. My wolf had gotten used to controlling himself around her. I could finally enjoy sex with her instead of thinking about keeping control.

Even the breeding thoughts lessened. I didn't know where that came from. I couldn't imagine a day without touching her and holding her.

Lucky for me she stopped by my office every day to bring me something delicious. She never skipped a day to bring me joy by stopping by.

Her presence soothed the anxiety I had in me revolving around the rogues. Their activity was strange and unpredictable. Leonardo was a formidable foe. I'd give him that much.

Together with my allies, we researched where he came from and we were shocked when we finally found out who he was. He came from far north and the crime he committed to becoming a rogue was a great one.

I'd never heard of someone committing such a crime, no one sane was capable of doing it. And to think he had his hands on my mate. I contemplated moving Lucille somewhere else but she still was too unstable.

She was doing very well but we didn't know how she acted without the handcuffs. She can go rogue again if that much freedom is returned. I wanted to avoid that at all costs. Even some pack members who were reluctant about her becoming Luna were starting to turn around.

Only Alani wasn't convinced still... But she would come around as well. I'm sure. She would love her just as much as I.

Aside from the rogues and my pack accepting Lucille as Luna, I also had to deal with her family. They wanted to see her, they demanded it.

They weren't making things easy for me. Her father especially urged her to see her. He even said things along the lines of he'll easily turn her back to her old self.

You don't just turn rogues back into their old selves. They never returned to their previous self completely. Her father's Alpha nature made him difficult to deal with as well, he wasn't used to hearing no.

Surprisingly Lucille remained sort of calm when she found out that her father was so adamant about seeing her. She rarely visited during the day so I always planned appointments surrounding her during mid-day.

This time she accidentally overheard me talking to her father, I didn't quite know how to react but she took it very well.

And let's not forget the delicious brownies she brought me. She was making me fat and my pack too with all her baking.

She desperately wanted to shower which would get rid of most of my scent. Not all of it, but most. I didn't like that, she needed to smell like me all day every day. So I made a mental note to have someone fetch her back tonight so I could put my scent all over her again.

And in her again.

It was about half an hour later when I received a stressed signal of suspicious activity at the front gate. I sent Abel a mind link to find Lucille and bring her to me. I dropped everything I was doing and rushed towards the front gates.

Rogues had already entered the grounds? How was that possible? I saw Joshua fighting already as well and I joined him. "How the fuck did they enter so quickly?" I demanded.

Joshua shrugged, "suddenly there was fighting inside, it distracted us, and the gates just opened. They had to have help from the inside. Alani found opened handcuffs and Harry's body beside it, they must have known he had keys on him..."

At the same time, we received a mind link that those captured in the cells were freed as well. Damn, it all happened fast and right under our noses. I linked everyone from my pack, "Kill them all!" I roared.