Chapter 26 - trapped

I didn't speak anymore with Leonardo while he carried me to god knows where. But my heart was pounding every step he took.

We walked for at least two hours and of course, just to be sure my hands and feet were broken again. I cursed and trashed but that only resulted in a few slaps here and there. Pleading wouldn't help, I had learned that years ago already.

Eventually, Leonardo shifted into his wolf and I was tied onto his back. He snickered in his form at me. He ran for hours and we only stopped for water or to again, break my bones.

At one point I tried to shift and run, but I was pawed down by Leonardo. I knew I wouldn't get far, but at least I tried. He had bitten my neck just to prove a point. I was knocked out after that. I have him too much defiance along the way.

Until I was awoken again. Leonardo carried me again, now in human form. He kissed my temple and spoke. "Ever since I knew you were captured I had searched to settle down somewhere." Leonardo started as we entered a small clearing with a gorgeous, blue lake in front of the houses.

I saw cabins, some were already done and some were still being built. They were all made of wood and brand new. Some had porches, some didn't. "I wanted you to come home somewhere safe and warm, where we can have our pups grow up." He continued. "Safely."

"A pack."

I gulped, oh no. He had his whole future planned for us. Leonardo had built a whole damn pack. "Not every rogue is bad you know, some do long for a home, and those that do are welcome here."

That's bound to go wrong one day, these people are all at his table. Coming from me, that means a lot.

He walked us through the houses and other buildings until a bigger house came into view. "Slowly our pack grew and we have acquired many new members. Though neighboring packs don't accept us as an actual pack, we are now. The council accepted it. This will be our home."

I looked up and was quite amazed. It made me chuckle. Back when Leonardo was somewhat sane he listened to my wishes about a cottage close to a lake so I could take a morning swim.

I wanted a small porch with a chair so I could drink tea in the morning and watch the woods. I just wanted a cozy house but with enough room for a big family.

One that doesn't stab you in the back.

He had built just how I imagined it. Exactly how I explained it to him as I talked about my dreams.

If it wasn't for all he had done to me I would consider it cute. He carried me inside and I was met with this small hallway where you could hang your coats or place your shoes. There already were children's coating racks. Five to be precise. Well, someone is ambitious.

I wanted two toilets so one was downstairs and one upstairs. Because I'm not walking downstairs in the middle of the night. Plus, I wake up three times at least to go to the bathroom.

Then we walked into the living room and it was so nice and cozy inside. It was so different from the tent I had been staying in. Because of the rain, I had gotten wet and cold, so this heat was welcoming.

He placed me on the ground before a large cozy couch, one that was in a U shape. It was a light grey color and the pillows and blankets were in different shades of green and white. He placed me on a blanket and explained I had to take a shower first because the dirt and blood would stain the furniture.

To be honest I was quite amazed by this cozy home. He knew I liked a big couch and a big table. There was this wooden table and on one side were black hairs and on the other side was a large bench. It easily could fit eight to ten people.