Chapter 21 -two options

Lucille's pov

Emotions bubbled inside of me but I didn't let Geoff show. I think at least. I was scared out of my mind for Leonardo. I knew he was coming and I couldn't run, I was like a mouse caught in a trap. A deadly trap.

I didn't know how large his pack had become and I didn't want to find out. People here were in danger as well. And then Geoff had to tip the scale by mentioning a child.

I didn't answer, I couldn't. And now also Declan was getting angry about it. Especially because we had gone too far in our relationship. He was more obsessive than usual and hearing another male might have impregnated me must be a big shock.

"Answer me!" He roared at me when I didn't reply. I was lost in my thoughts. Even Alani asked Declan to calm down a little.

People were looking at us, we were right in the open. I looked at my forearm which he was squeezing tightly. "You are hurting me," I said, maybe if he squeezed a little more he'd even break the bone. He was drawing blood already.

He released some pressure but tugged me closer and demanded an answer now. "It is none of your business," I growled, now becoming angry as well. Didn't he see I wasn't comfortable talking about it?

It reminded me too much of the past.

"It is, You're my mate, and if you have a child running out there somewhere then-"

I slapped him in his face. Though I used a flat hand only to get my point across. Joshua and Alani took a step back in case I went mental.

But I was fully in control. Even though I was hella angry and many ripples were in my mind. "You have the audacity? I was not pregnant, Leonardo was delusional. Even though he forced me plenty of times, my body was under too much stress to even ovulate."

Alani gasped and Declan released me. I rubbed the sore skin on my forearm and let the tears flow. "You don't know what I went through, so you do not have the right to judge me and I'm not ready to talk about it. I thought that much was clear."

I walked off and was glad that nobody followed me. I needed someone to talk to. My feet carried me towards Sam's hospital room.

Declan called out to me as I walked away, but I ignored it.

I arrived at Sams's room. I was surprised to see Belle here, but she noticed something was wrong with me and ushered me in. I let her wrap her arms around me and comfort me. "You smell like sex and Alpha," Sam commented, "Did he say something?"

I shook my head, "Everything was fine until I met Geoff just now, he just said things..."

"You want to talk about it?" Belle asked. "We are good listeners..."

I cuddled into her and nodded, "It's not a fun story though..."

Sam grabbed my hand and squeezed it, "If you don't wanna talk about it it is fine too, just whatever helps you."

They both seemed genuine and I did want to talk about it. Okay, I'd let my guard down for once. I'm doing better with my anger management so my next step is opening up. I wasn't ready to tell Twinkle or even Declan about the details, maybe I was afraid of their judgment of me.

"Okay... Where to start..."

...

In the beginning, Leonardo was kind and gentle. Sure he had his issues but at the same time, I did too. He made sure the first time that I was ready and certain about having sex. He even had stolen candles and such and put them in a cave.

He had these blankets and pillows stretched out over the floor so it was cozy and he had prepared a basket with food. Even chocolate was in it. Of course, I was swooned by it.