Chapter 14 - cheesecake seduction

Declan's pov

Alani had been quite adamant when she demanded I search for a Luna. She told me to forget about Lucille, it wouldn't be a while until she would be able to function normally and let alone run a pack with me. It anguished me but my sister was right.

My pack craved a Luna for a while now, they accepted my mourning but now that my mate is back and a lost cause... They want a different Luna. They can't wait years for Lucille. They know of her notorious reputation and don't see her as Luna material. They reject her wholly.

My sister has been suggesting so many different females, some from my pack and some from others. She introduced me to her friend Charlotte who was the only one to spark a bit of interest in me. Another woman just didn't do it for me, just a fiery brunette enchanted my mind.

Charlotte wasn't demanding, she wasn't trying her best for a mating so I agreed to meet her a few times. She was the only one who respected my boundaries and didn't push them.

So I agreed to a date. Of course, my sister was thrilled and arranged everything from the car ride to the fancy dinner.

She was very good-looking, with blond hair and deep, light blue eyes. Maybe even greyish. "Do you mind if I ask about your mate?" I asked her. Of course, she had heard all about mine from my sister.

"Not at all," she replied, "he was the previous Beta of my pack, unfortunately during a rogue attack, he was killed in battle."

Charlotte looked hurt speaking about it but she kept a straight face. "Ever since I met him I strongly wanted children, but unfortunately before we could try he died. I'm looking for a family, Alpha Declan."

"You don't have to be so formal, Declan is fine," I told her, "I'm sorry for your loss, I know that hurt a lot."

She shook her head, "your situation is just as painful as I can imagine."

"It is a tough situation..."

"Well if you ever want to talk about it, I don't judge." She seemed honest so I thanked her.

I didn't know what to do, my instinct wanted to run to my mate but my consciousness knew she wasn't ready to be Luna. Fuck, she even rejected the role fully. If only I never said those things back then, she wouldn't have run and I wouldn't be in this mess.

But at the same time because of it, I started the rehabilitation camp and reunited a lot of households. Good came of my stupidity.

After some small talk and getting to know each other, we started discussing terms of a possible mating. Because Charlotte has been friends with Alani since childhood, I knew most of her quirks and likes. Alani rarely shut up about her friends, so it feels like I know them just as much.

The positive thing about this is I knew Charlotte wasn't the type to just mate for status. As she mentioned she wants children out of this mating. "Is there a limit to how many you want?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't quite mind, maybe two or three? What about you?"

"One male would be fine to continue the bloodline." I thought about the future more than myself.

She nodded and understood where I came from, as an Alpha, I needed an heir. A strong one. "And how would your mate fit in this picture? What if she suddenly behaves? I don't want my children being ignored because you'd rather share a future with your mate." Charlotte started.

She was brutally honest, but I understood it would be a concern. She was about to take a bite of her chocolate dessert when a piece fell onto her white dress. I chuckled a little, she was clumsy, which was quite cute.