Chapter 17 - stirring trouble

Declan's pov

I'd never seen her break down before. Or even cry like this. Never mind begging me for anything. But now she was terrified and wanted me to find that tiny male, Sam.

A lot was going on, half of which I didn't understand. For instance how a silver knife managed to get on the property. Something was going on and I had to get to the bottom of it. These rogues are causing me more headaches than any before.

Lucille seemed devastated when we found Sam, his heartbeat was faint and I called for medics right away. Joshua acted upon her intense grief as well and couldn't help but comfort Lucille.

Usually, the Beta takes care of the Luna when the Alpha can't and makes sure her basic needs are always met. The Beta is the Alpha's hand, but the Beta can form a very close bond with the Luna too.

Abel too has been acting like this towards her and as stated before, my pack started to split into two sides. Two camps.
All too desperate for a Luna, one who was my destined mate but not ready and the other who was ready but not my mate. I could never truly love her.

And they knew that too.

But my destined mate was clear when she said she wasn't going to become Luna and left me no choice. My arrangements with Charlotte were close to done, we both had to agree to certain aspects of a relationship.

After the devastation Lucille became enraged. This was the rogue she had become and I had to stop her before she killed Geoff. Every time it was her against him. But I noticed the look in his eyes, he knew more than he let on.

Lucille screams things about being ready to kill his Alpha. When in reality rogues shouldn't have an Alpha, they're solitary. Except for a certain individual who for the past two years is creating havoc and fear amongst packs.

A prior Alpha became rogue and now formed a pack of outlaws. His name was Leonardo Creeding, I also have tried tracking him, and together with nearby packs, he was on our list of troublesome missions.

We would send a party out and they never returned. Those that did were poisoned and dead within hours of their return. Left with a single message, send more and they die.

What was Lucille's connection to him?

She was outraged when she saw Geoff and was screaming all sorts of threats at him. And neither I nor Joshua managed to calm her down.

Abel had asked me through our mind link where we were, he knew something was up when Lucille had bolted in search of Sam. Can you get here Abel? We're in front of the main building, she's losing control.

Through our mind link, he said he'd be there in a minute and he was true to his word. He was still beaten up but he wanted to perform a duty, he saw Lucy as his Luna. I had appointed him as her guard, more so for the safety of others, but now he sees himself instinctively as Luna's guard.

Abel could have been the Beta if Josh wasn't my best friend. Abel exceeded in a lot of qualities.

After she had calmed down she wanted to see Sam, I prepared her for the worse. It wasn't looking good, he was poisoned by silver and his organs and heart were already failing.

I told her this but she insisted upon seeing him. I told Abel to get some rest and Joshua to guide Geoff to a cell so I could personally ask him some questions later.

I guided Lucille through the medbay towards the room Sam was in. She was exhausted and scared, I could smell it on her.

My pack is inside mind linked to me, we're still operating Alpha, and she needs to wait.