Chapter 8 - getting to know camp

The first day wasn't that bad. We were passed a lot of information and then later we will receive our schedules. But for now, we have time off.

We were allowed to interact with each other, as long as we didn't fight. So after lunch, Belle and I were just chilling in the sun.

I enjoyed her company.

Sam joined as well, he hadn't met Belle yet so the two were just getting to know each other. "So you two are a thing?" She asked. "What about your mate?"

Sam slapped her arm, "we're not a thing! Don't say that, I like my head on my body as it is." He groaned and panicked.

It made me laugh out loud, "you're such a pussy, it's ridiculous. Wouldn't you fight for me?" I fake pouted as I leaned against him to give him the biggest puppy eyes.

He pushed me off, "no!" He growled, "have you seen the guy? He'll tear me limp for limp without breaking a sweat, you crazy."

Belle joined in on the laughing, "but seriously, he's fucking fit. I totally would get some action if he was my mate."

"Yeah? Well, he's one of the reasons I became a rogue in the first place. When I see him I just get so angry." I replied.

The fluttering feeling I had wasn't there anymore. Just infuriating anger. "He is fit though." I couldn't help but agree with that.

Both Belle and Sam looked at me in silence which made me look back questionable. Then their gazes averted upwards. I leaned back on my hands so I could look up and see who was there.

Damn, my senses are so fucked up because of these chains. I didn't even sense him standing behind me.

Awkward... His blue eyes stared down at me and then at Belle and Sam. "Hi, Declan. It's quite rude to listen in to a conversation you know. And I mean coming from a rogue, that means something."

"I want to talk to you, follow me."

"You don't get to bark orders at me." I spat back.

Sam already was hiding behind Belle while she was gloating at him. "Shut your mouth Belle, before you start to drool." I joked.

Declan sighed and grabbed my wrist so he could tug me up, "as long as you wear these, I can." He meant the cuffs. "When I say you follow me, you will." He tugged me away from my friends so I just waved at them.

As we strolled through camp I noticed a lot of staring and whispering around us. I tried to tug my wrist loose but he wasn't letting me go. Fuck, he had a tight grip. "At least buy a girl a drink before dragging her around."

"Stop hiding behind your meaningless jokes." He opened the door to his office and quite literally threw me inside before locking the door behind me.

"Jeez, why are you so angry?"

"Did you sleep with that guy?"

My eyebrows rose as he slowly stalked toward me. Quite honestly, I felt trapped. I hopped around the desk so at least that was standing in between us.

Damn his desk was messy.

He leaned his hands on it and loomed close to me. "Did you?" He asked he seemed so... Jealous.

A small smirk formed on my lips, "if you had any hopes of deflowering me then let those hopes set sail." I taunted.

He growled at the back of his throat and reached out to grab my chin. He tugged me forward so I had no choice but to put a knee on the desk as well. Why were his hands so big and strong? And why was that turning me on? "That guy did?" He chuckled lowly, "you'd never settle for that."