Chapter 16 - consequences

I acquired the orange uniform, though I heard some were reluctant upon giving it to me. But the numbers weren't lying, my behavior was getting better.

I didn't argue, didn't fight, and showed progress with baking and sports. I even was allowed to participate in team sports and even then I didn't kill anyone, I was so damn proud of myself.

A few weeks passed by and I have been here just over two months. Declan and I didn't kiss again, he barely even talked to me and he sure as hell didn't stay in one room alone with me. Safety precautions for his hornyness.

I saw him leave with that Charlotte plenty of times during the past few weeks. Sometimes he even returned after a few days. Abel explained that he was to visit his pack more often and show Charlotte to them.

It reassured them that he was seeking a mate. Abel explained his pack was only twenty minutes away, by car. He also has investigated Geoff and he understands I was suspicious about the wolf. But he hasn't found a crime against the system yet.

Lately, I found out I could easily climb onto the shed of the sports track. I liked sitting up here and overseeing the area. Usually Belle and Sam we're here too but I hadn't seen them today.

I was just enjoying the rays of the sun and the warmth that came with it. I opened my eyes and saw Geoff and his companions walk into one of the tents. Again suspiciously.

I noticed they glanced around and caught my eyes. The growing smirk on his face sparked something in me.

They never were in the tent during the day. We wolves loved the beams of the sun and we already were cooped up in the tents during the night and avoided it during the day.

Maybe this was a chance to spy upon them and find out what their connection to Leo is exactly. I didn't want to be suspicious as well so I glanced away and waited until I could climb off the shed.

I casually walked towards their tent.

But before I even reached it, I suddenly heard a lot of commotion. My pace picked up as I heard snarling and screaming. I started running as hard as I could. My skin crawled from the noises. Other wolves heard the commotion too.

I rushed inside and was flabbergasted by the sight before me. A few guards are being circled by at least thirty rogues and due to the commotion more wolves were entering and closing in on the entrance.

Some were just watching but others were participating in what I saw as a slaughter. Geoff looked at me from a distance, he was just watching it happen and smirked. His arms were crossed while his minions did the dirty work. Those poor guards, they were going to die. The other guards wouldn't be able to get through this mass quickly.

But his smirk sent shivers down my spine. He then nodded in the direction of the guards. My eyes gazed at the three who were fighting for their lives. I looked closely.

My eyes widened.

I realized who was one of the guards that were being punched around like a punching bag.

"Abel!" I growled and pushed past the people in an attempt to get there. My eyes remained on him. I growled and pushes others out of my way. I snapped someone's arm as he tried to stop me. It was a clean snap of his wrist.

He whined and backed off. The others who dared to look at my anger-radiated eyes backed off too.

He was blocking a lot of attacks, but he was bloody all over his face. Even though we all had these cuffs on, even he couldn't block so many rogues at once.

It was so packed inside this tent that it was really hard to get through the crowd.

I only had eyes for Abel, even though I hated to admit it, I cared for him. He helped me so much in this place and now... Oh God, did Geoff know he was spying on him and this was like a punishment? Abel hadn't even found out anything that was useful.