Chapter 1

Lucy jolted awake, her heart pounding against her chest, sweat clinging to her brow. The moon cast a soft glow through the window, illuminating the spacious room adorned with pristine white linens. Beside her, the rhythmic cadence of her mate's soft snores provided a comforting backdrop amidst the darkness.

As she turned to face him, her gaze traced the contours of his chiseled features, illuminated by the faint moonlight. Muscles rippled beneath his skin, a testament to his strength and resilience. The familiar scent of pine enveloped her senses, soothing her frayed nerves.

Seeking solace in his embrace, Lucy nestled closer to him, craving the warmth and security of his arms. Without hesitation, he responded, his strong arms encircling her slender frame, drawing her into the safety of his embrace.

With her head nestled against his chest, Lucy closed her eyes, allowing the steady rhythm of his heartbeat to lull her back to tranquility. Yet, despite the comfort of his presence, the remnants of her nightmare lingered in her mind, haunting her with their chilling echoes.

She recalled the vivid images that had tormented her sleep—the suffocating grip of fear as Leo tried to force another mark upon her and the pain that came with it. She could still feel the ache in her bones from the memory. Each scene from the past months kept playing over and over and over again in her head. 

As she lay intertwined with her mate, Lucy couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at her soul. I'll be fine, it's going to be fine.

After a short while, I drifted back to sleep, only to be jolted awake by a firm poke in her back. "Someone's eager," I teased, snuggling my ass closer to my mate. It still felt surreal to utter those words.

Declan groaned, "We shouldn't yet."

"Ugh, I've been cleared for light exercise, so technically, we can," I retorted.

Declan grumbled and shifted, positioning himself above me. "Love, trust me, the things I have in mind for you aren't exactly light exercise..." He leaned in, whispering in my ear, "I'll ravish you."

I eagerly bit my lip, wrapping my arms around his neck as I pulled him close, our lips meeting in a passionate kiss. He moaned into our embrace as I pressed myself against him, feeling the heat of his desire against me. "I need you," I whispered, locking eyes with Declan.

For a moment, he seemed hesitant, but then he kissed me again, his hands trailing down to my core. I gasped for his touch as he teased my folds with gentle strokes. My nails dug into his back as he slowly entered two fingers inside me.

"God, you're so wet," he murmured.

I chuckled softly. "Told you I needed you," I whispered back.

With eager anticipation, I let my hands explore his arousal. His cock was throbbing, begging for my touch. Gently, I traced my thumb over its tip, eliciting a pleasurable response from him. Not one to be kept waiting, I gently pushed him away and positioned myself above him.

With a smirk, Declan laid back as I straddled him, his hands finding purchase on my hips. I took hold of his cock and guided it to my entrance, slowly sinking down onto him. A deep moan escaped my lips as I felt him fill me completely, finally satisfying the ache of desire between us.

Slowly, I began to move, setting a steady rhythm as our bodies danced together in the dim light of our bedroom. His hands guided me, helping to maintain our pace as I felt him deep within me, every thrust sending waves of pleasure coursing through my body.

Declan shifted beneath me, maneuvering us until I was leaning over him, his strong arms wrapping around me protectively. "You still need to be careful," he whispered, his voice a husky murmur in the stillness of the room.