Chapter 15 - mating pull

"Alpha, we have news regarding the rumors about the red she-wolf being caught by the authorities and placed in a rehabilitation camp."

"Which is?"

"Confirmed, information from the inside has confirmed her presence in the main camp."

A deep rumbling sound vibrates in the male's chest. "That's troublesome..." But then the growling stopped, "At least she's not going anywhere..."

"Exactly Alpha, she's trapped in there... What are your orders?"

"We're going to get my Luna, of course." A smirk displayed itself on his face, "But we need to show her what consequences her bad behavior gets her."

...

One week later

Lucille's pov

Since the incident last week, I have been avoiding Declan like the plague. The day after I even heard rumors of him agreeing to mate that woman, Charlotte.

Her name alone made me want to throw up.

How did he get it in his head to kiss me when a few hours prior he was making arrangements for mating? The nerves. Typical Alpha behavior.

Do you know what I did now when I was frustrated and angry? Bake. Sure I still wanted to bash some heads but baking helped too.

Every day I found myself in the kitchen, unable to look at Stella, the teacher but I was there. She had told me my secret was "safe" but there wasn't anything safe about it.

She didn't want her pack to find out their Alpha was almost screwing the rogue mate on the kitchen counter. Which understandable how he's agreeing to mate that Charlotte! Their pack would be in disarray.

Abel had me shower five times and scrub myself until the scent of Declan and dairy was gone. Or mostly gone. I didn't smell it because my senses have been limited by the cuffs. Abel's nose is pretty strong and he could smell past the coconut butter washing gel.

He demanded I'd shower a sixth time, but I refused. I was done with it.

One thing which was positive in my life was my newfound skills for baking and that somehow my friends have shown good enough behavior to move up one color.

We all have these dull grey uniforms but them moving up means they get orange details next. It's the second of the total five ranks you can acquire.

That also means they're earning the "right" to see their family. Though like most rogues they all refused. The only one of my friends who accepted was Mia, she has her sister still so she was desperate to see her.

Sam was born a rogue from his rogue mother so he didn't even know anyone from his origin pack. Maybe that's why he's still semi-sane, he never knew a real pack life and always sought out me.

And Belle doesn't even want to speak her parents' names out loud, so no way in hell she shall see them.

During the ceremony, we all watched as they received their uniforms and a small reward like a chocolate bar. I noticed Geoff staring at me but a wanting growl had him looking elsewhere.

I clapped as one-for-one Mia, Belle, and Sam were called forward. I was glad for them, no rather I was proud. From rolling and fighting in the mud they were there on that podium receiving an accomplishment.

Of course, they aren't close to getting out of here. It could take months or even years.

And after the ceremony, they got to put on their new uniforms and I was left with this boring grey one. It was for the first time since I got here that a small spark in me also wanted to move up.