Chapter 15

"Your dad?"

"Yeah."

The room fell silent as I waited for her to talk again.

Outside, it was snowing, covering the ground with a blanket of white.

"You know how he's... you know... famous?"

"Yeah."

"That means he doesn't get to see me much."

"Because of all the paparazzi and all that?"

"Uh huh. I hate them and all the publicity and all that. I mean, it's great he's an actor, he loves his job and is amazing at it. But he never wanted me around it. I get why though, sometimes the celebrity world is crazy. Wait, scratch that, it's always crazy. I mean, if somebody does one little thing wrong, the paparazzi are swarming all over them and it's a public affair. He offers me designer clothes and fancy stuff, but I just want to be normal you know? I just wish I got to spend more time with him, he is always distracted. That's why Im somewhat kleptomatic... I just try to get his attention. It's also why I got sent here. I've been in tons of schools but I never really stay. His manager, Jane makes sure I get sent to them too. This one is different though. I think it's just.. Jason and all my friends here. I mean, my dad's not a bad dad though. He's amazing when he pays attention to me. I think he'd be happier and more attentive if my mom was here. She left when I was little, so I never really knew her."

I looked at Piper, speechless. She had a sad face, with tears running down it. Then I hugged her tightly.

"I had no idea."

She hugged me back.

"Thanks. I mean, it was good I just let it all out."

"Piper." I released her and looked into her eyes. "I think, next time you see your dad, you should make him put away his phone and just sit down and talk this out."

"I've tried, but I haven't tried it in a while, so I'll try again."

"Make him. Even if you have to tie him in the chair or something."

She laughed.

"Well, I don't think I could get away with that... but if worst comes to worst, I might just do that."

Then we heard a knock on her door.

"I'll go get it."

I opened it to see sea-green eyes in my face.

"Percy?"

"Yeah. We were supposed to work on a project or something like that."

Crap.

"I had an emergency and I forgot. Sorry."

"Oh okay. Maybe we could work on it a different time maybe."

"Sure. I have to go now sorry."

I slammed the door in his face.

"Who was that?"

"Um Percy. I told him that we would work on a project earlier, but you know, stuff things came up."

"Oh okay."

"I think I might go to bed now okay? It's been a pretty tiring day."

"Yeah, I get you. I think I'll go to sleep too. Night roomie."

Piper winked and then pulled the covers over her.

"Night."

I went into my room and threw myself down onto the bed.

This day had been pretty exhausting.

AN So... IM ALIVE! Yeah... I know I haven't updated in a while, sorry and sorry for the short chappie. Also, THANKS FOR 2k!!! I love you guys! Thanks for all the comments and votes and follows. Thanks to all my followers, @elizpupunc @penoldham @WaffleLove230 @alexandrajg21 @Taytayblackwidow667 @Divergent4and6 @ElizabethSwann1 @DARKSTAR_EMO
@Rosey879111
@demigod_gladers
@Birdie_101
@AdohnBlivenne
@mollyrooney
@AthenaWolf
@TomBlackJack
@PantheraLynx
@littlesnowflake234
@pjo_lover_45
@aquabats_fan
@Kayauna23
@Greenninjagal
@Calissa_Foresster
@ny3001
@ZoeJackson123
@SashatheWRITER
@AndyF54
@Nimra_Noreen
@strikefear
@Poison143Daisy
@Kitty1415
@izzy_the_soccerqueen
@Skys_Blue_Cookies
@Lunerectic
@AmiDilley
@Annabeth247365
You guys have no idea how long it took me to type all of that. But thanks, whether you're reading this certain story of mine or not. And to the people who aren't following but still reading.
Anyways,

Yours in demigodishness, and all that. Peace out.