Chapter 18

Nico's POV
Annabeth looked terrified at the prospect of seeing Thalia. I didn't know what the big deal was. Her body language, it was really weird, like a combination of surprise, happiness, sadness, regret, and longing.

Then Thalia walked up and Annabeth burst into tears.

They repeated each other's names, like they knew each other and this was a reunion, which it probably was. Then Thalia led her out. Weird.

Thalia was one of the people I could actually tolerate, even though she liked teasing me constantly. The others were Jason, Frank, Hazel, Piper, Reyna, Percy... well, I tolerate a lot more people than I think.

Anyways, people were looking at our table strangely, so I slunk down lower in my seat.

Then Drew just had to come sauntering over on her very high heeled stilettos. Of course, the queen gossiper in our school. Only one of the most annoying people on planet Earth.

She leaned on the table, making sure her low collared shirt was showing. She liked Jason a lot, despite dating another unfortunate guy. She hooked up with all of the schools jocks.

"Sooo, what's up with the Newbie huh? She's been running out like that a couple times."

"Shut up Drew."

"Make me Dumpster Girl."

"Oh I will."

Piper drew out her very sharp knife, which she had discreetly hidden underneath her jacket.

Then she shoved it up near Drews throat. Drew looked crossed eyed, terrified, down the blade.

"Stop talking about my friends. Or you'll get my knife again."

"Fine!"

Drew backed off, walking her random 'fashion model walk' with her short jean skirt.

Piper put her knife, Katropis, back in its sheath.

"Dam Beauty Queen, you can be pretty terrifying when you need to."

"Oh shut up Leo."

"What he's saying is true. Don't forget I've been on the other side of that blade before."

"You too Sparky!" Piper blushed.

"I think I'm going to put up my plate. I'm sorta tired."

They stared at me, because I didn't really talk much.

Then Hazel elbowed Frank, who was still staring.

"I'll go with you." That was Jason.

I held back a sigh of annoyance, I knew what this was about.

"Fine."

I grumpily slid back my chair, and went to the trash can.

I scraped my food out into the trash can, which I hardly ate, Jason doing the same beside me.

Then I walked out the door, with him following. When we were outside, I turned around to face him.

"What is this about?"

"You know."

"No I don't know."

"Yes you do."

"No I dont."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"FINE! This is about... well you having a crush on a certain someone."

I blushed.

"I told you not to tell anyone about that! I didn't even want to tell you anyway!"