Chapter 17

"Annabeth?"

I turned around slowly.

"Thalia?"

"Annabeth?"

Thalia repeated my name, as if she couldn't believe it was me.

"It-its me."

Suddenly I burst into tears.

Thalia rushed forward and hugged me.

"Shh... it's alright."

Everyone was staring, so she led me by my shoulders outside.

It was really cold, and there was snow falling.

"I-I just cant believe its you."

"I know Annabeth..."

"I have so much to say... Why? How? What?"

"Here, its freezing, so lets go to your dorm."

I was sobbing, but I still managed to tell her my dorm number.

She guided me to the dorm, and then I gave her the key. She unlocked it, and then led me inside, while locking back the door.

I sat on the bed, still crying, but not as much.

Thalia went to the fridge and grabbed two Cokes.

She tossed me one.

"Here your favorite."

I smiled.

"You remember."

I opened it, then took a long drink. It was silent in the room.

Inside, my emotions were like a swirling chaotic, I don't know- tornado, hurricane, sharknado thing! Then they just burst out.

I looked at Thalia.

"You left me! You left us! I had no idea where you went, you-you-"

Then I started sobbing again, and buried myself into Thalia's chest.

"I know Annabeth, I know BUT, you can't just blame me. There were....so many things that happened... and I just..."

Then she started crying (not as bad as me) and I felt horrible. Then she took a deep breath.

"Let's start from the beginning okay?"

"Okay...um, once there was a seven year old girl. She had blonde curly, frizzy hair, and some soft pajamas. She decided to run away from home. The reason was her stepmom wasn't the nicest person and she felt her family didn't accept her."

"Then there was another girl, who was running. She hated her mother, who was an alcoholic, and she had lost her brother."

"Finally, there was a... a... brave blonde guy. His mother was pretty crazy, although it wasn't her fault. He ran away too."

"One day, the runaway girl... she met the brave guy. He found her in a cave and she thought he was nice, and she was getting a little lonely. Also, they were both pretty good fighters. They banded together, trying to survive. When one day they went into a bad place, and angered a lot of people. They were chased."

"Meanwhile, the blonde girl was in an alley. She hid behind a trash can, with an old rusty hammer. She thought there were mean people, on the other side of the trash can. They slid the can out of the way, and she attacked. She almost killed the guy. It was a good thing she didn't though. They learned that they all had run away, and were similar. The brave guy.... he-he told me... that he and the other girl was my new family."

After that sentence, I had more tears running down my face.

"He also gave you a knife, one of the things he took while running. It was a family heirloom. The band ran from the bad people, making hideouts along the way. One day, the bad guys found one of their hideouts, and they injured the runaway girls leg. She got pretty hurt, so they went back to the brave guys house. They met his mother and father, and they wanted the boy to stay, but he didn't want to. After that, the guy seemed more angry than before. Then they got visited by a stranger. He said he'd heard about them, and he knew a safe place for them to go. He never told them exactly where though. So they kept running, trying to find the safe haven."

"Then-then they went into a dark place, like a lair. The stranger had made a mistake and took a couple of wrong turns. The bad guys were there, waiting to trap them. They got tied up, and they didn't know what was going to happen. The blonde girl ad hid her knife, and she untied herself. She was very scared, but managed to untie the runaway girl. She took over from there, and try all got out. They ran really fast to get away, but they didn't notice they were by a busy intersection."

We were silent then, because we didn't really want to say the next part.
Thalia eventually spoke up, but with a whisper.

"There was a big wreck. The-the brave guy shoved the others out of the way... but in return he .... got... killed."

Tears were streaming down both our faces.

"And the- the runaway, I-when she got shoved, she hit the sidewalk, and blacked out."

"The little girl... she also blacked out."

"When I woke up, I was in a strange place. It was a hospital. I looked around, and there was a nurse. She had a look of shock on her face. I had sustained... many head injuries... so I was in a coma. For four years. FOUR DAM YEARS!"

Thalia got up and kicked the bed.

I just sat there, in shock. I hadn't known.

She calmed down, and sat down again.

"I didn't age at all during that time, so I'm somewhat the same age as you, seventeen. The next year after I woke up, I stayed around to learn about a couple of things, then I got sent here. I was going to run again, but I found Jason, and now you."

"After I woke up... I was in a hospital too. I had been out a week. I had a ton of injuries. Then I got sent home. My family... they were happy I was back. My stepmom even stopped drinking for a while. Then... they stopped caring again. My stepmom started drinking, and it was worse than before. My dad left on business. I got... hurt. Then she lied again... and I got sent here. Its still my first week... but I think this changed my life for the better."

"Hey."

Thalia poked me.

"Yeah?"

"Let's stop talking about this. It's painful for both of us, although there are good memories."

"Yeah."

"But before we stop, I have something to give you."

"What?"

Thalia slid her hand into her leather jacket, and produced a knife.

"My knife!"

I grabbed it and hugged it.

"Yeah, the nurses, one of them gave it to me after I woke up."

"Thanks Thalia. I only wish... I wish he was here. Luke."

AN: Heyyyyy. Sooo I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday. Anyways, this took a while to write. Its a sad chappie isn't it? Moving on... THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!! Guys, you all are sooo awesome. I have 3k reads!!!!!! You are just... okay I'll stop. But yeah, THANKS EVERYONE.

Yours in demigodishness, and all that. Peace out.