Chapter 42

I ducked so a sword wouldn't cut my head off.

The blade swooshed as it sailed over me, a deadly arc of metal.

Piper was on my left, fighting her own battle against a big brute who wasn't all that fast, but powerful when he caught you, so you couldn't risk taking a hit from him.

"Too slow." I taunted the girl in front of me with weasel like features - small eyes and nose, brownish hair.

She drew her lips back in a snarl.

"Shut up." Then she brandished her sword and swept it out again to stab me, just what I was hoping she'd do.

The girl was a good fighter, if give her that, but not all that clever.

Maybe I was being cocky though. Words could come back to bite you.

I jumped back this time and jabbed at her legs.

She took the bait.

I swiftly stepped forward and flipped her around to where her back was pressed against me, my knife to her neck.

"Surrender?"

Piper was just defeating her opponent also, smacking him with the hilt of her sword in his weak places.

He fell, like a giant onto the floor, and I'm pretty sure he was passed out.

She looked over at me, strands of her hair loose from her braid falling into her face, a triumphant smile on her face.

We were declared the winners, and weasel girl went to go sit down.

Words of congratulations were thrown around us as we went back to our seats.

Goode had been doing good today.

We had won an earlier match with the duo of Grover and Juniper. They were people I hadn't encountered yet in my time here but seemed like awesome people.

To win in the end Grover was trapped but he had to smack his pan pipes over the other guy's head, surprisingly not breaking them.

Juniper was great also, shutting down her opponent quickly.

You see, earlier the girl had been flirting with Grover. Juniper wasn't one to let that pass.

The girl's name was Blue Berry for some reason. What was her siblings name? Straw Berry?

Jason wrapped his arms around his girlfriend and kissed the top of her head.

"Great job."

"Thanks, but now you better go kick someone's butt with Reyna."

"Don't worry, we will."

Percy walked over to me, a sparkle in his eye.

"Yet another victory huh?"

"Yep. It looks like we're on the pathway to winning."

"Good news."

We stood there in silence for a moment.

"Did you want to talk about something or did you just come over to loiter?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"No loitering I promise. I was wondering... if you would like to slip away from all of this for a second and get some food?"