Chapter 30

😱OMG CHAPTER 30 GUYS IVE WRITTEN SO MUCH😢 when I first started writing this, I really didn't know how far I would take this story. Also, I can assure that we're only like halfway done. Probably 20 or so more chapters, I'm not sure. THANKS FOR THE 15K TOO!

Annabeth's POV
"So this is it."

I faced Percy in front of our dorm building, a slight wind blowing some of my blonde strands in front of my face and making Percy's hair look even more windswept.

It was about 10:30, 30 minutes before the curfew.

I could see the city lights from here, the whole sky lit up.

After Percy and I went to the garden we went to a nice little restraunt to eat.

It had good food, it was Greek food.

Percy had commented that it was good but not as good as his moms. Then he had told me I should meet her one day. I had become alarmed at the prospect of meeting her, but he assured me that she was nice.

Apparently she was writing a novel and baked the best blue cookies. No idea why they were blue though. 

I had told him a little bit about my family, how my dad was into history and I had two stepbrothers. No mention of her because he already knew.

"Yep." Percy's voice said, pulling me back to the present.

"Thanks for tonight." I said, leaning up and kissing his cheek.

He blushed a little.

"No problem. We should do it again some time." He replied smoothly.

"So..."

I tugged at the hem of my dress.

"Would we be dating now?" I asked bravely.

Percy looked at me in surprise.

"Sure."

"Wait, but don't you have to ask me out first?" I teased him.

Mockingly he got down on one knee and looked at me.

"Annabeth Chase, would you have the honor of being my girlfriend?"

I fake gasped.

"Percy... I-I don't quite know what to say." I put on a thoughtful expression. "But I suppose I'll have to accept, since you know you couldn't function without me." I teased.

"Of course I could! What are you talking about?" Percy said offended.

"Honey, you couldn't open this door without my help." I sassed.

"Um excuse me Wise Girl, but I can totally open this door without you."

He pushed on the door, when it clearly said PULL on the side.

I giggled.

"Sure..."

I trailed off, then we looked at each other again, smiling.

Suddenly, he kissed me. Two kisses in one day. Three , if you counted the cheek kiss.

His lips, like always, were salty and were perfect with mine.

This kiss was soft and slow, unlike our other kiss at the dance, where it was faster paced.

I curled my hands into his hair, which was really soft. He had his hands around my hips.

We broke away for air, then kissed again.

I hadn't really kissed anyone before I came here, and I hadn't realized it was so good.

Before, I never really was into dating. It's not like I had many friends anyway. Well except Thalia and Luke.

I just didn't see the point if you eventually were going to break up. It was a negative view, but I felt like it was the truth. But now... I could see the fun in dating, even if you weren't sure where it was going to go. And... and... Just maybe... If I could escape from her... I could see a future with him.

My dream was to become an architect, and to build something permanent.

Something that would be so great that it would be there and remembered for years to come, speaking of the great architect who built it.

Maybe I was getting a little carried away, but he just seemed different. A good different.

We pulled away again, and I looked in his eyes and wondered, is there a future in there too? A future that includes me?

"Well Wise Girl, should we get going? It's almost curfew." Percy said with a hint of disappointment.

"I never pegged you as a rule follower Seaweed Brain. Let's go though."

"Well you see, I kinda try to follow them but they end up breaking themselves most of the time. And besides, who doesn't bend the rules sometimes?"

"True."

We went to the elevator and up to our rooms.

As I turned to my room, I looked at him one more time.

"Thank you again."

"No problem." He smiled a crooked smile at me then went into his room. I stood there for a moment, still mesmerized by his smile, then I opened the door to my room too.

Thankfully, no one was in there. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

I took off my dress and put on pajamas and went to my bed.

As I laid there, I surprisingly couldn't sleep.

So I decided to think about some things to sort out my thoughts.

Our Spring Sword Tournament was coming up very soon.

There was an arena we went to and fought in.

There would be a couple other schools there, like the Titans, Amazons, and Jupiter High.

Also, we could fight each other or do team things as in Capture the Flag, which everybody was entering.

There was a contest with just swords to see who was number one, same with knives. We also had who could shoot the best. Shooting included standing and shooting at targets or moving and shooting at moving targets.

There were also one on ones with every kind of weapon going against each other. It was a best two out of three thing.

Then there was also a two against two category.

I was entering Capture the Flag, the knives tournament, and the two on two with Piper.

Over the past weeks I had gotten really good at knife fighting. I didn't have the experience that some people had, but I did have technique.

I practiced with Thalia, Piper, Leo, Jason, just about everyone.

I hoped that I won at least one match.

Anyways, after this would be Spring Break.

I would have to go back to California... back to her...
I wanted to. But yet, I didn't.
That life seemed so distant now, all of the pain replaced by the happiness of the people currently around me.
If I could fend for myself this time...

I just didn't know.

AN:
Omg Spring Break is almost over :(
I had a whole list of things I wanted to do and I didn't do any of them.
Enjoy the 30th chapter :)
Yours in demigodishness, and all that. Peace out.