Chapter 35

Annabeth
Day one of the tournament.

It started with no classes, actually there were no classes for the duration of the tournament, which made me slightly sad.

I headed to our swordfighting arena, where every other student was gathered.

People were standing around with various flashing weapons in their grips, making a deadly crowd of hormone driven teenagers.

Mr. Brunner was in his wheelchair at the front of the crowd. He started speaking.

"Good morning! Today, as you all know, is the tournament. It is being held at Olympus arena, an hour from here. Many other schools will take part, and there are many good fighters you may not have heard of before. You might find yourselves fighting against each other, although that is a rare occurrence. Today is the start of the one on one competition, with every group of weapon. As in knives against knives, swords against swords, and such. Winning gets the school wins. Whichever school has the most wins wins. If you are defeated, you are out of the section that you signed up for. It narrows down to two people. And the person who wins the section gets two wins. So students, do your very best. Show off the power of Goode High. We can be victorious! And most of all, have fun!"

Then Mr. D took center stage. He was wearing a loud printed purple shirt.

"Brats! Get on the buses, and you all better win."

Most kids just rolled their eyes.

I grabbed a seat near Piper.

Leo, Jason, Percy, Thalia, Frank, Hazel, and Nico were also there.

"Hey Wise Girl." Percy said casually.

"Seaweed Brain." I greeted.

"Ugh so now it's pet names?" Leo teased and slightly complained.

"Got a problem with it, Repair Boy?" Piper asked.

"Yeah, Beauty Queen. It's just so couplely over here, with Jason and you, Percy and Annabeth, and Hazel and Chinese Canadian Baby Man."

"Hey!" Frank protested. "Why am I the only person that has a name like that?"

"Cause it's true CCBM." Leo replied.

Frank pouted while Hazel patted his shoulder.

"Well since every one else is grouping up, how bout you and me, do so too?" Leo slid over by Thalia.

She shoved him away. "Not interested."

He put a hand over his heart. "That hurt, babe."

Thalia glared at him.

"Okay, since you won't accept me, how bout you and I just be in the bachelor club together?"

Leo sat next to Nico.

"No."

Leo sighed and sat back in his seat by Jason.

"Everybody's just so mean these days." He pouted.

"We're not mean," Piper said gently, "It's just that you're annoying."

"Hey!"

"Nice one." Thalia gave Piper a high five.

The whole ride was that way, with good company, joking, laughter, pretty much just friendship, a taste of something that was a rare occurrence for me.

...

The arena was ginormous.

It was circular, with Greek-style pillars and beautiful architecture.

I loved it.

There were seats everywhere around us, and in the center a platform for fighting.

It was currently split off into two sections, for two fights to happen simultaneously to root out the strongest quicker.

In one section bow and arrows was going to happen and on the other was knives.

The announcer was a guy named Apollo with Mr. D and a woman named Artemis commenting.

Our school went to a warm up section and we started stretching.

I hadn't seen any other of the schools yet but I was anxious to.

We finished and went out into our section.

"Alright! Hello, and welcome to the annual fighting festival! Today we are having one on one with bows and knives starting! Good luck to everybody and don't forget to buy your 50 pound armored shoes from the front! We are starting off with Lee Fletcher from Goode High and Quinn Reynolds from Titan High in the archery section. Contestants need to defend themselves behind barriers and shoot the other person on specific targets on their armor. They have a 30 minute time limit. On the other side is Hailey Glenn from Giant High and Gwen Aelia from Jupiter High! Contestants have 30 minutes to defeat the other. Alright. We're starting in 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...go!"

AN
Hey!
So I just realized how long the tournament would last :( it's gonna last a long time and be hard to write.
I just got back from one of the best places in the world, band camp!!!!!
I play flute and piano for future reference.
I'm so proud I got a good band and chair!
And I'm so sad it's over.
I was just sitting feeling sad and listening to sad music. Quite sad I know.
I can't wait for next year. :(
And then tomorrow I'm going to art camp and I'm kinda anxious.

Yours in demigodishness, and all that. Peace out!