Chapter 32

Leo's POV
We met at the park.

The Central Park to be exact.

I was testing a toy helicopter that I bought at Walmart, the ones that come with controllers. It worked pretty well for a toy, but then I was going to add modifications and make it amazing, Leo Valdez amazing.

Yeah, I could see in the future. Instead of amazing or awesome, it would be replaced with Leo Valdez.

"Hey dude, where'd you get that shirt? It's so Leo Valdez."

"Girl, those shoes look so Leo Valdez on you!"

Anyways, ADHD here, I sat down on a bench under a tree.

The weather was pretty hot for New York, but nothing compared to a hot and steamy Texas summer.

There were families around, a lady walking her baby in a stroller, a kid and a dad playing ball, a family having a picnic, and a couple playing catch with a dog.

I experimented with the helicopter, seeing how far up I could take it, making it fly out of the atmosphere.

Yep, the aliens loved it up there.

Moving on...

The helicopter didn't go as high as I wanted.

I took out my tools and fiddled with it.

I strengthened the blades, gave it a more powerful energy source, and all of that good stuff.

Then I tested it out again.

It flew up, higher than the trees.

It was just a dot in the sky.

Then came the good part when it started falling.

Flames danced around the sides, probably an engine malfunction.

It crashed east, and I ran after it.

My inventions worked sometimes, and sometimes they didn't.

Like life I suppose, except with relationships.

When I arrived, a girl had her back to me, arms crossed, disapprovingly looking at the helicopter which crashed into a flower bed, flames igniting the flowers.

Well, at least the smoke would smell flowery. Maybe I could just kick some dirt over it?

Unless... The flower garden was owned by that girl? Or had she planted it? Crap.

And the girl was pretty too, at least what I could see of her back.

She had a long braid flowing down her back, caramel colored hair. She was about the same height as me. She had on a white blouse on which I wondered how she hadn't gotten dirt on, and blue jean capris.

Suddenly she turned around, and I was breathless.

She was gorgeous in a natural way.

She had warm brown almond shaped eyes, light pink pouty full lips, and a cute button nose with a spray of freckles.

"Are you the one who did this to my flowers?" she questioned angrily, her eyebrows scrunching together in a cute way.

"Depends. What would happen to the person that did it?"

"I would wring their neck." she replied, making a strangling gesture with her fingers. "I have been working on this all day!"

"Um, then I didn't do it."

She walked straight up to me and looked me in the eye.

"You better fix this right now or the police will find a dead body next to this pile of ashes."