Chapter 29

Annabeth's POV
I washed my hands under the warm water and looked at myself, smiling.

I couldn't believe that Percy had taken me to the new architecture museum!

I was looking at it last week when I flipped through a magazine.

The displays were amazing in the museum and I learned new facts.

The water went off, and I got a paper towel and dried off my hands.

I fixed some hairs that were sticking up on top of my head, and put on some chapstick.

Then I cheerily pushed open the bathroom door to go where Percy was waiting.

I froze. He was talking to someone, a girl.

I began to feel a bit of envy. Why would I though? I didn't even know their relationship yet, or if she was just some random girl hitting on him.

I stood there a little bit longer, studying them. They seemed like they knew each other.

I walked up to them cautiously.

"Annabeth, you're back." Percy said when he saw me coming.

The girl turned around. She was gorgeous. Her green eyes sparkled mischievously and her bright, curly red hair was very unique.

She was wearing a private school uniform.

"Hello." she introduced herself. "I'm Rachel Elizabeth Dare."

"Hello." I looked her in the eyes. I was a bit taller than her. "I'm Annabeth Chase."

Rachel grinned. "Nice to meet you. I was talking to Percy about why he would be at an architectural museum. I never thought I'd ever see him in one."

There was more awkward silence. The envy I had got a little bit stronger.

"Hey Rachel, how come you're here?" Percy asked.

"Oh... Well in my art class at Clarion- one of the only parts I enjoy about that school- we had to go to this museum for an assignment and study the architecture and draw some."

For the first time, I noticed a torn up bag hanging from her shoulder that had a bunch of sketch books and pencils sticking out of it, and in her hand she held a sketch book, with a pencil tucked behind her ear.

"That's pretty cool. Um, I've always loved architecture and I love drawing blueprints for designs." I spoke up.

Rachel smiled at me.
"Maybe one day we could draw together some day. Here, I'll give you my number so you can call."

She tore a strip of paper out of a notebook and gave it to me.

I glanced at it before putting it in my coat pocket.

It said- 234-234-2345- Rachel :P

Rachel was leaning over Percy and whispering in his ear.

I could make out some words. "Treat-Annab-good-you don't-I'll-- hunt you."

Then she came and whispered in my ear.
"Don't worry, Percy isn't a bad guy. He's a pretty good one. Also, what we had is in the past, so don't worry."
She winked at me, then walked off saying, "Have fun on your date."

Then she went around the corner and was gone.

"Do you want to look at the museum some more or go to the gardens?" Percy turned and asked me.

"Let's go to the gardens."

We went out the door. The whole time I kept wondering about Percy and Rachel's relationship.