Chapter 43

"So where are we going?" I questioned Percy as we walked through the streets hand in hand.

He glanced over at me and smirked. "Not saying."

"Mean."

I hoped no one suspected we were skipping school.

I mean, we probably could pass as college students right?

I sighed.

Probably not but at this point we were too far away from the tournament to turn back.

The day was hot, the sun beating down on our backs.

"Let's hurry. It's getting hot."

We turned a corner and suddenly we were on a street that had tons of exotic restraunts. There was a falafel place, a place with authentic Indian food, and a Japanese restaurant where you could pick your own fish to cook. I

"We're here."

"This fast?" I said in surprise.

"Yup."

I looked up, there was a warm, homey looking building made out out bricks and had vines growing on the side.

A sign said "Little Italy".

"Italian? Pretty cliché."

"It might be cliché but at least the foods good."

"True."

We walked inside the restaurant, and immediately the delicious smell of Italian spices flooded my nose.

Little booths lined the walls, and the lighting was dim.

Friendly waiters went around delivering food, and people were talking and laughing.

"This is pretty nice." I admitted.

"See? What did I tell you?"

We grabbed a booth near the back, and a waitress immediately came and got our drink orders.

Percy ordered Coke, and I ordered water.

The menu had classic, authentic Italian food.

"So any recommendations?"

"Hm well you can't go wrong with spaghetti."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow. "Are you suggesting we do this 'Lady and the Tramp' style?"

"Hey! That's a good movie." Percy exclaimed defensively.

"Okay, I admit it is. Do you really want to eat like that?"

"Well... even though the spaghetti is good, I actually was kinda in a pizza mood."

"Of course you were. Well I'm going to get the spaghetti whether or not you decide what you want to do."

He stared at his menu for a moment, and then suddenly slammed it closed, making the plastic rub together.

"Okay, I'll order the giant spaghetti and meatballs for us to share but I'm not promising this will work out."

I giggled "I don't think I will honestly."

The waitress came back, and I looked at her name tag. It read: Hi, I'm Nancy.

"So have you decided what you would like to order."

Percy smirked up at the waitress. "Yes, we want the spaghetti... for two."

She raised an eyebrow and as her eyes locked with Percy, she had a moment of shock and stepped back a little.

"All- all right. Anything else?" She asked, getting over her shock quickly.

"No. Thanks Nancy."

As she left, I looked questioningly at Percy.

"Did you know her?"

"Um... yeah I know her." He replied, staring  at the table.

I paused, waiting for him to elaborate.

"Well," he looked into my eyes again, "before I went to Goode, I was in and out of schools about every semester. Yancy was one of those schools. I was never a popular kid, so I guess it's shocking that I'm popular here. Kids who aren't popular get bullied of course, and Nancy used to be one of those bullies."

"Oh... Percy I'm sorry." Was all I had to say.

"It's alright now. I'm with you." He flashed me a crooked smile, but it was slightly unconvincing.

Then his other remark registered, and I blushed.

Ironically Nancy saved me from uttering an embarrassing reply when she brought our spaghetti out.

"Here you go. Just wave me over if you need anything."

She turned to leave, but thought better of it and pivoted around.

"And Percy... I'm sorry. I was a stupid kid." Her faced was filled with guilt and regret.

"It's alright Nancy." Percy shot her a small smile.

She smiled back and left.

AN

Sorry that was so short!

Btw I'm NOT dead...

Same excuses as ever, I'm a procrastinator, and when I'm not procrastinating, other stuff has been happening...

I DO plan on finishing this story... I just don't like it as much as I used to.

There could be so much more character development and better plotting I feel like and I'm not sure if I like the ending... but whatever.

Anyways... I'll attempt to finish it this summer hopefully, ending the project I've done for 3? Years now :O

I have some other great ideas I might work on and release also.

Also thank you for 101K OMG 😲!!!!

That's AMAZING!!! And SUPER AWESOME.

Thank you guys, and I know some people don't read the ANs but thank you nonetheless.

Yours in demigoddishness, and all that. Peace out ✌🏻