Chapter 36

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
WISE GIRL AND REPAIR BOY
Annabeth
Lee and Quinn simultaneously both rolled and ducked behind giant barriers to hide themselves.

Opposite to them, Hailey and Gwen stood still, facing each other, having a silent stare down. I wondered who was going to attack first.

Then suddenly Hailey ran straight forward and charged Gwen, heading for her stomach, but at the last second went for her arm. The Giants cheered and Jupiter booed.

The other girl took the bait and protected her stomach, resulting in a cut on her arm. She didn't waste a second though and swung Haileys legs out from under her. I was surprised she took the bait though, I thought it was an obvious move.

Hailey fell down leaving her vulnerable for Gwen to slash her side. Red blood slowly became visible and started dripping onto the floor, mixing with a little of Gwen's blood. Now they were both wounded. Jupiter cheered, feeling as though they had the upper hand.

She winced but quickly jumped up and went for Gwen's face, but Gwen blocked.

Their blades pushed against each other for a moment, making tiny sparks, and the girls looked each other in the eyes, neither willing to back down.

Then Hailey drew back her sword, using Gwen's weight against her and making her fall forward. I gasped as Hailey got a clean stab into Gwen's leg.

Gwen cried out and fell, but rolled away from the other girl.

She sat for a moment, dizzy from blood loss and dazed. I was worried that she would lose.

Hailey advanced, looking down at her opponent with menace in her eyes.

Suddenly Gwen's head snapped up and she used a disarming technique to cause Hailey's blade to slide smoothly across the floor.

Then Gwen stepped up and put the blade to her opponent's throat, making her a winner. Jupiter High erupted in cheers for their champion.

She smiled smugly.

"Good game. Almost got me there."

Hailey just growled, walking away.

I was impressed. Gwen was obviously a very experienced fighter, and she won with an injury to her arm and leg.

On the other side, Lee and Quinn were still in fierce battle.

Lee had an arrow on his arm guard while Quinn was unharmed.

Suddenly Quinn started firing a volley of arrows in Lee's direction.

Lee's eyes widened and he ducked behind his barrier.

It was too late though, as some of the arrows went over the barrier.

There was a moment of tension in the air and then Lee appeared from behind the barrier, arrows stuck all over him.

"Well, it seems like Gwen and Quinn are our two winners! Both of their schools get a win!"

People cheered for Quinn.

Lee just stood there in shock, and then he pulled an arrow out of his arm.

It took a moment for people to notice, but Mr. Brunner raced over to help him.

Goode started booing.

"Ladies and gents! Stop booing please! A win is a win. There will be some injuries!"

"Boo!" People booed the announcer.

Lee then held a hand up with an ok sign.

His arm was bound up for his wound, and he went back to our side.

Matches went on like this with wins and losses, until it was finally my turn.

The score was
Goode-3
Jupiter-4
Titan-4
Giant-5

I grabbed my knife and Piper patted me on the back.

She had just won her match with a guy from Jupiter.

"Good luck. Go slay!"

"Thanks."

I was strangely calm, yet nervous. This was my first match ever. I wanted to win for my school.

I walked down to the center.

Showtime.

AN
Hey!
Yay finally an update!
Sorry it's kinda short.
Recently I've fallen in love with a new anime called Ace of Diamond. It's about baseball and it's awesome. Miyuki is my favorite awesome character!

Another thing. I can't get Pokémon Go. 😒 cause my phone won't support iOS 8. It sucks.

Yours in demigodishness, and all that. Peace out!