Chapter 37

Authors Note...
Yikes guys I know. I'm the procrastinating queen.

I just... I WANT TO write, I just keep putting it off or doing other things or being busy with school work ugh.

Also I feel like I'm not too good at battle scenes because I don't have enough ideas for battles I guess.

By the way, high school is HARD!!!!

This is my most difficult year yet.

By the way, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING FOR GETTING THIS STORY TO 40K AND ALMOST 300 READS.

ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE COMMENTS, I ATTEMPT TO READ THEM ALL.

I'm sorry for letting you guys down and thank you if you're still even reading my story.

It was showtime.

I stood in the center of the arena, bright lights glaring down, feeling all of the judging stares of the other teenagers.

My opponent, a huge guy from Jupiter High, walked out.

His name was Derek.

He stood at least a foot over me, with broad shoulders and a big physique.

His face wasn't bad to look at. His nose was slightly crooked and his eyes set deep into his face, but he really wasn't bad looking.

He made me feel like an ant though.

A tiny being standing up to a titan.

It made you almost feel helpless, like you could be squashed just by one step of the titan.

But I tried to push down that feeling. I tried to grow bigger than the titan, at least normal size, not ant. I took a deep breath. I could beat this guy. It was my first major fight. I felt like I had to beat him, for my pride and honor, for the school, and lastly for my new friends who had taught me so much. I had smarts over this guy. I had strategy. That would have to suffice.

The clock started counting down.

3... Derek smiled wickedly and cracked his knuckles.

2... I gripped my knife tightly in my hand, praying for a win.

1... Derek casually held up his knife in a fighting stance.

FIGHT!

He charged me like a bull.

No, like a bulldozer, and I was the matador trying to stay alive. I was the one who held up a big red flag.

I faked him out, leaning towards one side acting like I was going to stab him, but leaned away at the last second.

The bull swept past me. I was safe for a couple of seconds.

Derek ran towards me again, but this time he was anticipating me dodging him so I stood my ground and met him with my knife, taking his blow with full force.

I stumbled back, almost falling to the ground, but managed to right myself in time.

I wiped sweat off my forehead, it was getting hot.

Derek decided to drop the matador and bull act and go for head on confrontation.

You'd think a guy like him would be slow, but he was surprisingly fast.

I was faster though.

Barely.

He grinned a shark grin down on me, and then used his foot to trip me.

That made me really mad, with him using cheap tricks to beat me.

I wouldn't bow down though.

I used a trick where I played dead.

I heard his footsteps through the ground of the stadium, coming closer,

thump,

thump,

thump.

Then when he was close enough, I suddenly used my feet to kick his out from under him.

With gravity on my side, pushing him down, I kicked his sword that he had dropped off to the other side of the arena.

Then I leaned down and put my knife to his neck.

"Surrender?"

"Never." he growled.

I put more pressure on the blade.

"Surrender?" I persisted.

His pride wounded, he grumbled and said a simple yes.

I had won my first match!

Again, thanks for reading and for the votes, comments, and reads.

<3

Yous in demigodishness, and all that. Peace out!