twelve

(SMALL) TW: EMETOPHOBIA

MADDIE'S POV

This week has been shit. Complete, utter shit.

It started on Monday when I realized that I had double booked two appointments again because I gave Louis some time off and had to do the scheduling myself, which never goes over well, hence why I hired Louis to do it for me. So I had to do what he usually does and I double booked more than once.

I had to stay late a couple days in order to make up for said double bookings, which has apparently annoyed James so much that he's mad I've been getting home late frequently. That, on top of the tiredness and stress this week has brought, just added to the mix of negativity and everything seeming to go wrong. Thankfully, he's out of the house because he left this morning to go up to Manchester for a few days to visit his dad and brother since he had a little time off of work.

On Wednesday morning I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I thought I would be fine, but about halfway through the day it was like pure illness just hit me like a ton of bricks. All of a sudden I could barely keep my eyes open and I threw up my lunch. Thankfully, I had Louis back that day, so he rescheduled all my appointments for the rest of Wednesday.

I went home and passed out on the couch for the rest of the night until I woke up around six and forced myself to eat something of substance, but I could barely keep that down. The only thing I've managed to actually stomach so far is tea and plain toast. I took a hot shower that made me feel better, but I fell asleep very shortly after around eight and slept the entire night.

I truly don't know what hit me, but whatever it was, it infiltrated my system and marked its territory, making a very hard job for my immune system to do.

Needless to say, today is day two of making the couch my home. A mountain of gross, dirty tissues lay just below my head on the floor because I've barely had the energy to pick them up and throw them away. A bunch of dirty tea mugs are scattered across the coffee table along with the few plates of stale, half-eaten toast, and crumbs.

The TV has remained on pretty much this whole time, and I think I've made it through about a third of the entire Marvel universe and a few other Disney movies. That's all I've done: stare at the TV except for the breaks when I pee or have to rush to the bathroom to puke.

My clothing has been a revolving door of sweatpants and hoodies, and my hair is always up and out of my face except for rare moments like right now when I took it down due to a headache.

I feel disgusting.

I'm also incredibly annoyed, because I was supposed to have lunch with Harry today. I was looking forward to it and hoped and hoped I'd feel better by today, but I quite possibly feel worse than yesterday. I texted him that I was home sick and wouldn't be able to make it, and by his response, part of me thinks he was a bit disappointed as well.

On top of all of that, this weekend is my dad's birthday and I was actually going to go home. I really wanted to, I tossed around the decision for a long time and ultimately I figured out I wanted to be there. But, I obviously can't now. Greyson, Eden and I were all going to drive up together this afternoon, but I'm stuck on the couch trying not to vomit.

It genuinely makes me sad that I can't celebrate with my dad, because I haven't been home in so long and I know he and mum were excited to have me there. I truly miss them, but I know Eden said she would call me tonight when they got there so I could talk to everybody. I just really really want this to pass, I hate being sick and I just want to get back to work.