twenty six

^^ song yay !!

THANK YOU FOR 4K!!!!!!!!!!

HARRY'S POV

Last night we decided to turn in early. The deathly early morning yesterday caught up to us sooner than we thought and I think we fell asleep no later than ten, but I can't quite remember. I fell asleep quite quickly too, this bed is extremely comfortable.

As I look to my right, Lainey's still fast asleep on her stomach with her arms cuddling the pillow.

When I booked this place for us to stay I have to admit I was a little nervous because it only had one bedroom, but I had to get it because it had a really good price and I was booking at the last minute so availability was low. When I think about it it was probably stupid of me to be nervous because we've been sleeping in the same bed for the last three weeks, and I was relived when Lainey didn't bat an eye last night and just crawled right in and passed out.

I woke up ten minutes ago, and it's almost eight in the morning so we're in no rush to get out. She can sleep for two more hours if she needs, this is not a go-go-go trip with any sort of itinerary. We're literally waking up and deciding what we feel like doing, which in my opinion are some of the best vacations.

Quietly, I fold the blankets over so I can slip out of the bed. The hardwood is chilly under my feet as I tiptoe my way out of the bedroom, leaving the door open just a tiny crack and going into the tiny kitchen.

We don't have much food here at the airbnb, only teas and coffees that were provided by the owner. It's okay though, I'm assuming we're going to want to venture out to the local cafes and restaurants for all our meals.

I grab the little kettle and fill it up with water, placing it on the tiny stove and grabbing a mug. I have a feeling Lainey will want some too when she wakes up so I pull out a second mug, placing it next to mine.

When it's done I pour the boiling water into the mug, taking it with me to the balcony as it steeps.

It's cool outside, the sun is still rising in the sky and the water below us is calm. It seems like a lot of people had the same idea as I did because I can see some other people in the white buildings around me, calmly looking out in the direction of the water. It's peaceful.

I still can't believe we're here. I mean, I'm the one who booked the trip and everything, but it's still surreal to actually be here, especially with her. I kind of always dreamed of taking her on vacation when we were younger, so to actually accomplish it gives me such a feeling of purpose.

Seeing her happy makes me happy, and my peace of mind derives solely from knowing she's being taken care of. Whether it's by herself, me, her parents, anyone, I've just never been able to rest without knowing that she's okay in every sense of the word. I think it's safe to say that right now she's in good hands; at least I'd like to think so.

I continue to watch the sun rise further into the sky, finishing off my tea in contentment and thinking about things we could do today. I'll let her ultimately decide, though- she could talk me into anything. But it really wouldn't take much convincing to begin with.

I turn around when I hear the door to the balcony slide open, seeing Lainey walking out with a tired but content look on her face.

"Morning." She says tiredly, letting out a yawn that makes me yawn. "How long have you been up?" She wraps her arms around herself as a light breeze blows past, and I notice she put on one of my hoodies in the process of getting up. I smile.