forty four

we're in the home stretch... time to find out how it ends. :)

good luck !

MADDIE'S POV

MARCH

24 HOURS UNTIL THE WEDDING

Dear Harry,

I've been stuck on those two words for twenty minutes now.

I'm trying to write Harry a letter.

I want him to read it before the wedding. There's no catch, no deal, I just wanna write him a sappy as fuck letter about how much I love him.

But I can't.

I know he's always had an innate way with words, but I didn't think it would be this hard to come up with an opening sentence to a love letter. I have the proposal letters in front of me right now, but still, nothing is clicking with me or giving me inspiration. 

These aren't my vows or anything, we're doing the basic 'for better, for worse' vows during the ceremony. I just want to write this for fun, reason being I want to attempt to come close to how he made me feel with the proposal letters.

But again, my head is empty.

Harry's not home right now so I took my chance to sit down and write, but it looks like I'm not going to get very far, which is just my luck.. 

Arlo barks from the floor and I look at him, sighing as I stand up to get him a treat.

"Dear Harry...I...I what? What do I?" I talk to myself as I walk to the cupboard. "I...don't know how to start this letter. I...can't believe this day has come. No, that's too cheesy."

I reach into the bag of Arlo's treats and grab one, tossing it to him and smiling when he catches it mid air and runs off to eat it.

"Dear Harry, how the hell do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Ah!" I scream at the top of my voice and turn around, holding my chest at the scare Harry just gave me. "Jesus christ, when did you come in?"

"Now."

"How did you- my god." I breathe, shocked from how lost in my thoughts I was too not hear him come in at all.

"So what do I do?" He asks, placing the grocery bag he was carrying on the kitchen counter.

"Nothing, I was just talking to myself. Ignore me." I say, hoping he just drops it.

"Weirdo."

"That you're marrying."

I expect him to bite back with a sassy little comment, but instead his falls falls.

"Uh, that reminds me." He says, rolling his lips into a line and looking very regretful. "The photographer called me on my way home"

Now my face falls and my arms go limp. The wedding is in twenty four hours and that sentence can only mean one thing.

"She said she has an emergency and won't be able to make it."

I knew that was coming. But please, god, no no no no no no.

"Are you-" I start, cutting myself off as I suck in a deep breath of panic.

"Don't panic!" Harry says, holding up his pointer finger like he still has more to say. "I already called Addison, and she's gonna ask everyone she knows and trusts if they can fill in."