forty five

welcome to our last chapter. this is a double update, so make sure you've read forty four first.

happy reading <3

here's the aesthetic/pictures for this chapter :D (spot maddie's dress!)

HARRY'S POV

Dear Harry,

Picture this.

We're, let's say, sixteen again. It's Monday morning, a brand new week at school. I'm at my locker, getting the books and stuff I need for the day. Down the hallway, I hear you coming. How do I know? By the sound of your voice, of course, but also by your laugh, how other students perked up and said hi to you, and how I noticed the bright white fluorescents gain a little warmth. I turn my head and sure enough, there you are coming towards me, looking down at your phone.

My movement slows down as I watch you. Or, a better word would be admire. For those few seconds when you weren't looking at me, all I was physically able to do was admire you. The way you carried yourself, the brightness you greeted everyone you passed with, the way your hair was still perfect despite knowing for a fact you didn't do anything to it. The warmth of your smile when you finally looked up at me and the pink in your cheeks from the cold outside.

I didn't just make that scenario up- it happened more times than I can count. And every time I tried to soothe the butterflies in my stomach and the blush on my cheeks, and I hadn't even spoken to you yet. All I did was look at you, and boom, I was a goner.

But would you look at that, after all those times I helplessly and hopelessly admired you in the school hallway early in the mornings, now I get to admire you anywhere I want, forever.

It's three in the morning right now. I can't sleep, hence why I'm writing this. I mostly can't sleep because I'm stressed about tomorrow because everything seems to be going wrong. No photographer, blah blah blah I don't need to tell you again. I fully expect more problems to come up, you know, but I'm trying not to think about all the potential mishaps right now. I'm trying not to put it out there, just like you said yesterday.

Despite the setbacks, sometimes I still feel like all of this is one big dream and I'm gonna wake up sixteen again, standing at my locker, holding everything inside me back. There are some days where I genuinely cannot comprehend how I got so goddamn lucky. Never in a million years did I think it was possible I would end up in this situation, stressed about our wedding. Me and you. There's no other wedding I'd want to be stressed about.

Sometimes I wonder how School Hallway Me, who thought I would never have you, would react to knowing I would literally be writing this letter to you. A letter attempting to put into words how I'm feeling, and how. Much. I. Fucking. Love. You. I feel like I don't say it enough. At all.